- it's a diamond ring! amzn_assoc_default_search_phrase = "14k Solid Gold Wheat Chains"; There is no one in the family with those initials. 2013-04-13 17:05:55. Some people might be allergic to the alloy used, and the color isnt as attractive as other karats. And what looks to be writing or symbols like words on the outside of the band This is a 4ct cushion black diamond ring Thank you for any help. Unfortunately, there is no legal requirement for stamping non-precious metals, like tungsten, stainless steel, and titanium, although many manufacturers will stamp this anyway. Of vine jewelry s researching ume jewelry sponsor s marks in watch cases jewelry sts what do they really mean how to read precious metal hallmarks Jewelry Makers Marks In Alphabetical Order BeautifulearthjaSilver Jewelry Marks Learn To Identify And DateHallmarks Maker S Marks Resource Antique JewelryJewelry Markings Chart N . Thank you in advance for any help. Street & Sons (mostly Gold Rings, Manufacturing Jewelers, New York, NY, USA) - ca 1889 - 1910. m within heart arrow is Mars and Valentine. Does anyone know this stamp? $80.75, $95.00 I have a gold, oval, ruby ring, surrounded with diamonds. Even replacing a gem would change the carat weight stamp. I have a ring in bold print the letter M. With no other markings inside of it. Both are British or English designers. These cookies ensure basic functionalities and security features of the website, anonymously. Does anybody know what it means? Thanks! 925 = Sterling Silver. Look at the inside of a ring's band to find the hallmark that indicates the platinum purity. Wiki User. does anyone know what 22L would mean on a gold necklace. I have square diamond ring with only mention 825 Its exactly like the Uncas stamp, but has an m instead of an u. I found a very small ring will hardly fit over my first knuckle of my pinky finger it has a small rectangular black stone in it with 925 stamped on one side & CN on the other, I know 925 is silver any idea what CN could mean? These cookies will be stored in your browser only with your consent. Their real time interactive diamond inspection is the best in the industry. i have a very old ring thats marked Ray with copyright symbol i cant find anythng. This discussion closely relates to: From handmade pieces to vintage treasures ready to be loved again, Etsy is the global marketplace for unique and creative goods. Thank you. WHAT DOES THAT MEAN. Inside the band has a stamp the reads BLUE FIRE I have done some research but Im lacking one thing. Or its CU with an upside down triangle. (Explained), What to do With Parents Wedding Bands (6 Great Ideas). My rings says PATMAR 20,1883 or PATMAR 2C1883, plz help me I have a heart shaped ring with a flower n it with a diamond chip n iton the inside is 14k n 2 upside down triangles what does it stand for.i was told it meant star of David plz help me. I have a 1918 AEF Veteran gold ring and the only marking inside the Is it possible to see the ring through g-mail? More than likely just an Engraving of someones Monogram. However, this is not always the case, and wont always be a correct assumption. That covers the most common stamps on gold jewelry. Likely to have originated from branding by blacksmiths, my theory on this is that the Smiths are all an art from long ago, and some traditions perhaps have remained. Thank you for your assistance. Any idea? Its 58.3% gold and 41.7% alloy. If you find a name and/or date that you cant identify as a jeweler, manufacturer, or designer, it might be an engraving. Advertisement cookies are used to provide visitors with relevant ads and marketing campaigns. Rhodium is a precious metal that is in the family of platinum. It is large uppercase G that is larger than the 925 stamped afterwards. Hi I found a 1982 class ring y I was cleaning and Imma try n to fine out if it is gold siver or what it is but the marking is to hard to make out on the inside of it plz help to. 925 with a c in a circle inscribed inside ring with large green stone. IT HAS LIKE 15 LITTLE DIMOND LIKE STONES IN IT. $11.69, $12.99 This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. There is considerable confusion about the meaning of quality marks . Thanks! A stamp inside a ring stamped ad 1925 it is a silver ring with three diamonds how much is it worth what do the letters and numbers mean? If the jewelry has been significantly altered, it can change the piece from what it was originally stamped as. Thnks, What does 10KD FDF inside my ring mean? The E most often refers to . Wiki User. I have a ring with an A upside down U and U on its side top pointing back. -Richard. Looks like its Quality Designs Plus in New York. Any ideas? Right next to the 14k is an H and heart. I have an antique opal ring with LK stamped on the inside, given to my G-Grandmother in the early 1900s; presumably purchased in Wisconsin, but unknown origin. A quality mark contains information about metal content that appears on an article. Hope you can help, I have a silver ring with and arrow stamped on the inside does that mean anything. This would make it difficult to identify the manufacturer, jeweler, and designer of the piece, but the metal make up is still the same. You may need a magnifying glass to see the fine engraving on a small ring. I have a beautiful set of opal earrings, brilliant blue, and fire. I have a beautiful 14kt art deco look jade and enamel ring with a makers Mark of H.M. CO. Do you know what the DRI stands for? I took it to a pawn ahop to have it tested, and to my amazement and of course, disappointment, i was told it was 14k gold electroplated, & showed me the website, U7 Jewelry, who sell it. My ring is marked 14K DC its yellow gold and is round solitaire diamond I think its 3/4 carat not sure about size of diamond please help me identify it, I have a gold ring that has 1.2 1 10k with a star symbol anyone know what that means thank you, I have a ring that has 925 on inside and also the letter six. Our global marketplace is a vibrant community of real people connecting over special goods. Ive read before that the A with circle around it is from Avon (so is it really an engagement ring? 14k over sterling with platinum plated marquise ring worth anything? In addition, these makers marks verify the authenticity of the item, ensuring that the quality is maintained and the piece cannot be legally replicated. In 2020 alone, purchases on Etsy generated nearly $4 billion in income for small businesses. For example, the Tiffany jewelry company marks their products with T & Co. Some parts of the ring are 14k, others 18k. amzn_assoc_ad_type = "smart"; :) -Richard. I have a mans 18k gold Rolex ring , but it is stamped on the inside upper top part of ring instead of lower inside. can provide! Also made collectors spoons, flatware, Jewelry and decor. The p4 Sr is the four precious metals: Platinum, Silver, Palladium, and Gold. Finding the right gemstone can be a difficult task when there are so many different cuts, styles, and costs. Thank you for your time, I have a wedding band , inside has a stamp,E inside a diamond shape,it also says 22K, I have a ring stamped f or p 5342. On most quality jewelry, the specifications of your jewelry (like gold karat) will appear as a hallmark, or a stamp (or several) on the back or underside of the piece. This is the only thing I can find. Any ideas? I have a necklace that says n 925 cn on it if you know what it means please tell me as soon as possible. A u stamped inside ring band. What does it mean? Ah!!! Thanks. Heavy Gold Filled.. Costume Jewelry Hallmarks: A to Z Posted by Laurie Zeiden on Sep 06, 2018 My blog series, Costume Jewelry Hallmarks , is an ongoing project to catalog costume jewelry hallmarks. Have any idea what 14K CN [D] means I have been looking forever now and no luck. WE ARE COMPENSATED FOR REFERRING TRAFFIC. Can anyone tell me what this means? Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. If you see a stamp-like .50CW, it means the gem is half a carat. -Richard, I have a ring a plain band It looks like silver but in other light it looks goldish The hallmark looks like PS 22K. I have a ring that i found, it seems to be either silver or paladium it has three diamonds one in middle is larger than the other two inside the ring ; Inside of ring has rsc I also have a ring that has the letters U7 stamped on one of rings, right next to 14k. I have a ring stamped sterling then a diamond shape with a roman numeral 5 in it then it says LIND does any body know what it means it has 4 big diamonds in it mounted the correct way!? Beautiful pieces with lots of semi-precious gemstones and sparkle. I have a ring also thats stamped 925 and across from it is stamped CN and a square symbol/ shape right next to that let me know what you find I have been researching for awhile now but no luck. If you want to save money, or build your own ring, this is the place to shop. I have a 14k white gold round diamond bridal set with additional smaller diamonds on the band that has stamps on the inside of the band/s in addition to the 14KT. What does the stamp M on inside of ring mean? The k behind these numbers stands for karat. Thank you for any help you may be able to provide. The purity of the gold varies by the karat number, with "24k" being nearly solid gold and "10k" being 10/24 gold. what does that mean? The jewelers mark becomes a part of their trademark, creating their brands reputation and proof of their craftsmanship. I have 18K gold ring very high quality emeralds, diamonds, rubies, sapphires. Hi. I have a yellow gold ring stamped L 8. I googled the Hidalgo and its not the same symbol. Ring with triangle inside truangle in in Hence, a lot of these will be forever unknown. WE ALSO PARTICIPATE IN AFFILIATE PROGRAMS WITH JAMES ALLEN, CJ, IMPACT, AND OTHER SITES. We use cookies on our website to give you the most relevant experience by remembering your preferences and repeat visits. Unidentified gem stone in a 925 setting that has a circle with a dot in it. Is this a real diamond or a fake? Thanks much, Janice. Jacoby-Bender. Unidentified metal. Some jewelry thieves do the same, polishing away any traceable stamp like the designers, manufacturers, jewelers, or trademarks, making it harder for them to be found and arrested. it is 14k solid gold with two tone and two diamonds with a tanzanite stone in-between. Any idea who the designer is? Angela Shurden. What does a diamond symbol stamped inside a ring with H.G.F and a triangle mean? Have an amazing day <3. If anyone has any idea what it could be, I would greatly appreciate it! Please someone help me. Comment. O. did you find out what the C and a diamond shape meant on your bracelet? TY. I won an auction with a sterling silver ring in it and its stamped with a cursive "d" on the band.. what does that mean? The man is possibly a ring from Mexico if .925 silver. Triangles. As for leads on definite answers, a quick trip to an Art Gallery of major Ciyproportion should reap answers. Below that is an indented diamond on its side with 3 raised marks P 6-sided star with a hole in the middle G Any idea what the P star G mean? Is this legit? Hi Christine, I have a feeling you may never know exactly who made that ring. Thank you for your reply. amzn_assoc_search_bar = "true"; Pawn shop wedding ring with the stamp GSG under the 14k. Set where you live, what language you speak, and the currency you use. gold. Original Price $33.99 They did use the term blue white back in the day, to represent diamonds that had blue flashes in them, but they were actually just stones that were white in hue with blue fluorescence (deceptive and deceiving; they dont use that term anymore). I have a 14k inside of ring other side inside has the letters ML OR MSD I CANT SEEM TO FING OUT IF IT REAL. Dont see this option? I inherited my grandmothers 14k white gold diamond ring. does anyone know what this stamp means? Wow. I have my grandfathers ring. On one band it is printed TRS 1/2. amzn_assoc_tracking_id = "jewelry-secrets-20"; I have a ring stamped with 14k and DBS, what does DBS stand for? Always be sure to do your own research, and to get your items appraised, to prevent yourself from being overcharged or buying a fake or altered piece of jewelry. However when I was looking at it I noticed on the clasp there was what looks like a small shield with the letters n c and 14k. 14K CM what could the CM stand for? I have a gold ring with TF inside of it. I have an old gold wedding ring with I B stamped inside the ring. 750 is the same thing as 18k gold (white gold). Jewelry made from precious metals is often stamped with a mark to indicate the chemical composition of the metal. I do believe most of these are probably Manufacturers Stamps, Logos, or Jewelers Initials. I have a ring that had PDL in it, any ideas what that might mean? Ill add it to the list. ring is 1/4 and I cant find out what it means. Ive seen a few online for sale but nothing like this one. That way, we all know! Jewelers could have easily used the wrong stamp by accident. Its also the least expensive option for gold alloys. I have done masses of research on many things such as bricks, bottles,household items back to the 1800s trying to establish a date of a friends miners cottage,and the general consensus is that these date codes often cover a time frame of say 1 or 2 years, with 5 years being standard in the 1800s to around 1960. Hi, I have a Rose Gold Rose ring with what looks like an axe or tomahawk and then the number 14. I had an excited jeweler tell me once that star (the a sometimes being a star itself) stamped on gold jewelry means that it was made with virgin gold from Africa. I am looking at an 18k rose gold bracelet, stated in the description that it is from the 1940s. I never seen one stamped there before so Id it real? The metal shows as white and yellow. So much so that I had to literally say I am no longer taking questions about Marks or Stamps inside the Ring. Posted on December 3, 2012 by Richard Scott. I have a ring from my great-grandmother that has a jeweler stamp of an S inside a Triangle. It follows 14k, as in 14k QD+. I know the 9K is 9 carat but what or who is MT? I have a silver ring that has 925 and R90 printed inside.Could u tell me what that means?Thank u. Hi i got what i think is a anchor in graved in my ring do you know what it meanz, Hi My opal earrings have a stamp on the back that says $440.82, $881.64 In some countries, manufacturers marks are assigned and kept on a register and are often overseen by some form of state or federal government. Do a search and it should pull up images. I also have a ring with 925 and a star, if I look closely there may even be a letter inside the star but I cant tell for sure. Throughout India's Golden Triangle, the best way to escape from the throng is often to step into one of the many Hindu, Sikh and Muslim buildings scattered around the cities. Study now. Thank you for taking the time to compile and research all this information. What does the numbers316LSS ingraved inside my ring mean. Commentdocument.getElementById("comment").setAttribute( "id", "aa1417b16190f9d083f29693efc728c1" );document.getElementById("e9194f4272").setAttribute( "id", "comment" ); document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); amzn_assoc_placement = "adunit0"; In 1973, the European Community (EC) recognized 925 as the official sterling silver standard mark. Im sure its silver, old. See answer (1) Best Answer. The initials look a lot like that for Ehrlich & Sinnock here, except here there is no rectangle: Or Hunt & Roskell. IBB = International Bullion and Metal Brokers, What does 4 k 10 k mean on a mans gold ring. Ive been trying to find out what the initials mean as well please let me know if you found out anything about your ring with the same initials thank you. My mother who has passed left me with her wedding ring and it has a capital FR but i dont know what it means? (Answered! condition but very antique, has been very well cared for. (20% off), Sale Price $18.31 What does all this mean? Any ideas? Im sure it looks even better on your finger. amzn_assoc_linkid = "8faa12d88e927d3fc3a5b9c50a69586c"; This will differ depending on what options are available for the item. However, when the engagement ring costs an arm and a leg, purchasing the, Choosing a wedding band isnt easy, but there are a ton of different resources and shops you can turn to for ideas! This gold stamp indicates that the metal is 75% gold and 25% made up of another metal or metals. In one circle the letter F is in it. I have a white gold ring wif smd 128 and on other side 585 .what do thy mean plz. But I cant find out what does BR mean yet. (20% off), Sale Price $80.75 The A could also be a triangle? Used to make various items, today we predominantly use silver to make rings. ), There seem to be a LOT more questions than answers here it seems makers marks are as numerous as the craftspeople who made jewelry, and apparently no authoritative directory to catalog them. Their prices, selection, lifetime warranty, 24/7 customer support and hassle free returns are unbeatable. Any ideas on what BOW and P.Y. A lot of jewelry designers put their name on their designs the same way an artist signs their masterpiece. Old Chinese silver ring with inside mark of a four legged animal, I have a 100 years old mans wedding and the stamp in side says 18km what does this mean. The Fig. The links on the chian are little rectangles. What does WSE stamp stand for inside Jostens ring. Shipping policies vary, but many of our sellers offer free shipping when you purchase from them. There are a few tests you can do at your home, but there is no way of knowing for sure without a real test performed by an experienced technician. Solitare with an arrow with 11 through it and a 6 what is that mean. I also have a necklace stamped with JCM. I found half of earing and i saw Nt at back of it. 4(a) displays the fibre triangle at the exit of a conventional ring frame drafting system. It has a stamp mark inside the ring that looks to be GODLEY. ANY insight would be greatly appreciated. OK. Does anyone know what aG in a circle means stamped inside a 14K white gold wedding band, with 2 rows of diamonds on half the band please? Very heavy round with a large clear stone. Triangle stamped inside ring. Etsys 100% renewable electricity commitment includes the electricity used by the data centers that host Etsy.com, the Sell on Etsy app, and the Etsy app, as well as the electricity that powers Etsys global offices and employees working remotely from home in the US. inside a rectangle. amzn_assoc_marketplace = "amazon"; 7) 18k 750 - Often you will find both karat stamps and their percentage stamps inside of rings. They help us identify and track products, help people with metal allergies to avoid their allergens, and help to spread a designer, jeweler, or manufacturers specific brand. Go to my contact page and send me the picture. $19.55, $23.00 PS There are no diamonds or other stones in the ring. Hi Trudy, did you ever find out about your ring? Updated on February 12, 2020. Visit Blue Nile today. I have a bracelet, what I believe is gold, it has a stamp of 18KN on the inside of it. These are usually only found on antique or vintage pieces, as the original buyer must request that the piece be engraved. I have added it to the list. Fill out the requested information. For rhodium plated jewelry, it involves plating the jewelry with a surface that guards against scratches that also gives a reflective white appearance.Hope this helps. m within heart arrow Might be Mars and Valentine. Many people believe that jewelry has special significance to different star, People have a lot of little habits and signals that sometimes have deeper meanings. Visit James Allen today. This is based on all internet based research. Depends on the marquise The mounting, no! . I just got engaged this year and the ring is from Kay. Silver is real, not sure of quality, unsure of stones; pricing does not indicate gemstones. The cookie is set by GDPR cookie consent to record the user consent for the cookies in the category "Functional". I hope this helps or gets someone on the research trail. Youll see ad results based on factors like relevancy, and the amount sellers pay per click. It has the Cupid 10 mark inside, which I see on your list above is unknown. Also called hallmarks, purity, or quality marks, these stamps are the most common markings, and the most important stamps on any piece of jewelry. Texco is Hector Aguliar of Mexico. The curator would likely have an explanation. See answer (1) Copy. The BR marking on your jewelry stands for Brass rhodium. Why Vintage Jewelry Marks are Important Maybe you've just acquired some vintage jewelry from a family member or friend. Its pale yellow, and the least yellow of all the karats because it has the least amount of gold. Whether youve, A question many newly engaged couples may wonder is when should we buy our wedding bands? Shopping for wedding bands can be tricky because you, Wedding bands are an important part of the ceremony that unites two people in matrimony. I have what appear to be a gold ring with the stamp gp6810k on it. It seems like the term blue fire in the states refers more towards blue opals, versus diamonds. Jewelers marks are registered and can be widely recognized and easily tracked. (Important), Who Holds the Wedding Bands During the Ceremony? I have a womens diamond ring that is stamped 18K SP what does SP stand for. It is stamped inside G925 I have a ring stamped with a square 1 AT and the other side has a 1 X can you tell me what this means? Does anyone have any ideas? I have brought a diamond ring from a New York Close out sale, inside UD is printed, could you please tell me what it means. Hallmarks connote the purity or fineness of the precious metals. Thank you!!! Cant find anywhere what a stamp of GM16 or GMB means? I have a to g sliver in color or white gold? I figured it was just gold plated but whats the 6810k mean then. Let me know what it means if u find out I have the same stamp. This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. I have a neckless that has 1/20 12k on it and it means its plated with 12k gold. On the bottom back side its stamped c^a925. I have the numbers 4 4 stamped right next to each other in a gold ring. amzn_assoc_linkid = "204e49935a44e69dd9a897b53f08a94d"; American Jewelry Manufacturing Company Holdings of NY. I will update this list as the Answers roll in. Engravings can be messages, names, dates, or initials, and can offer clues about the pieces past owners. I found a diamond ring with P.m stamp and on the other side is 6.14 what does this mean? However, these stamps arent always easy to understand. Anyone know if this is true gold or not ? The k stands for karat, and the number is the percentage of that metal found in the jewelry. 2012-10-27 09:58:41. The above listings are based only on either Seller's listing information or Etsy marketplace . Tha k you, I have a beautiful blue ring with white diamonds all around it it raised 14 k 01 what does it mean, I have a tungsten carbide ring that appears to be gold maybe and it has the Makers Mark of a diamond inside of a diamond. I have a ring inside it says 925 and a hart with the letter c inside it any ideas what the hart and c is? Have you found anything and this? Inside, you will find oases of calm, as well as some of the circuit's most beautiful structures. Marked RHPT inside. I have a 14k gold ring that has A capital L with a circle around it. Does anyone know these initials. I have a 10k diamond wedding wing but its also stamped jst?? I have a ring with a K and P inside diamond shapes followed by 14k. Good luck!!! do you know what that could mean?? $30.70, $122.81 14k gold is the most common karat for jewelry. Gold has always symbolized wealth and power, but what does gold symbolize for you? thanks! (50% off), Sale Price $19.55 I have a gold ring that has a stamp with a U7. If you have a ring with a 55 carat center diamond, a common stamp will be ".55". Those partners may have their own information theyve collected about you. STER DES I already know is sterling silver just wanted to know the meaning of the letters please help. Theres already so much to plan and prepare, Finding the perfect wedding band puts a lot of pressure on the prospective groom and bride especially when it comes down to personal preference and, Although titanium and tungsten are two metals that look almost identical, there are some notable differences between the two. Most older pieces of jewelry will be missing markings, as well. You can usually find this mark on jewelry pieces stamped with 925 on it, representing sterling silver items. There is an artist with a stamp like you described in Mexico. Original Price $122.81 The heart has a diamond in the middle of it thats inside a white gold diamond shape. amzn_assoc_ad_mode = "search"; My gold band has 735 stamped inside. the NH is connected and theres an oval around it. I found, metal detecting, an old wedding band with the stamp 14 and next to it is a cross pattee. (Explained), Top 20 Best Places to Shop for Custom Design Wedding Bands, Who Pays for the Wedding Bands? amzn_assoc_search_bar = "true"; If I remember correctly Im pretty sure that the 985 is platinumYou can take it to any cash for gold store and they can tell you for sure what you have and it wont cost you a dimegood luck. Antique opal ring with C^A stamped inside any ideas? amzn_assoc_region = "US"; Does anyone know what this heart stamp means? A couple other threads have suggested two tone or true touch., I have a white gold ring thats marked 14k L8 then an arrow under the setting. However, this may not always be the case. (75% off), Sale Price $225.00 I have a silver ring wit rum on one side and brass on the other can you help me. Ive been driving myself crazy trying to find any information on it. These cookies track visitors across websites and collect information to provide customized ads. Find this marking as a sure way to determine that the ring is truly made of platinum. Ring stamped cop c 89. Got to love a good mystery, but I personally believe they are just the craftsmans i.d which is standard practice for anything creative. FREE delivery Wed, May 3 on $25 of items shipped by Amazon. I have a ring with ukta or okra any idea what it stands for? Typically the 18k refers to the quality of gold. Theres an old Mexico mark NVC and no one seems to know what it means. OK I have a silver ring with 925 stamp on it and also the letters CM what does the CM stand for. (Answered), Who Picks Out the Wedding Bands? Hi I have a gold Cross pendant with a piece of raw turquoise in centre, on the back it is stamped Lb900. I have a mans gold & diamond ring marked 10k SHR,what does this hallmark mean?