all devices have latest firmware. What I am seeing now is instead of repeater B connecting to the main bridge which has a better signal, it is connecting to repeater A. This distance between them is about 1000 feet. I just had a similar issue with an old iphone 4. About the Unifi Account, you are correct, it isnt mentioned in the article (I will get that sorted). Connect two access points. Any setting I should watch out for? Transmit power Medium P.S. I wish to fit 2 (or more) Ubiquiti NanoHD APs to a medium sized 2 storey house, both AP will be cabled back to the Router/Switch. In today's episode \"How to rescue the AutoBackup Files from a defective UniFi ClouD Key Gen2 Plus\" In this episode i will show you how to copy the auto backup files that are stored inside the Hard Drive of the UniFi Cloud Key Gen2 Plus.UniFi Cloud Key Gen2 Plus (Official Web Site) : https://unifi-protect.ui.com/cloud-key-gen2UniFi Cloud Key Gen2 Plus on Amazon (Affiliate Link) : https://amzn.to/2MiX5EkIcy Box External Case for 2.5 Inch SATA HDD to USB 3.0 (Affiliate Link) : https://amzn.to/3sPtB1Q Poseidwn Tech on Social Media:http://www.poseidwn.techhttps://twitter.com/Poseidwn_Techhttps://www.instagram.com/poseidwn.tech/https://www.facebook.com/poseidwn.tech/https://www.pinterest.com/PoseidwnTech/ You will need to decrypt them before you can use them. MDNS for Trusted/IoT VLAN 3. You can try lowering the transmit power in the radio settings of one of the access points. Cannot configure address on switched interface 5GHz: Hi Im having some problems with my unifi setup, I have an 4 port poe switch but 5 APs and an cloud key, so i got an poe Injector (adapter) for the 5th AP, but the 5th AP always comes up as isolated could that be fixed by setting up the 5th AP without the cloud key? Set it to Prefer 5G. I changed the channel width from 160 MHz to 80 MHz and now the Tx rate goes up to 1300 Mbps. This article is very important especially to the first time users. thanks, Powered by Discourse, best viewed with JavaScript enabled, Computer Hardware & Server Infrastructure Builds, Unifi video server not starting anymore on Ubuntu 20.04, help needed please, https://dl.ubnt.com/firmwares/ufv/v3.10.1/unifi-video.Debian7_amd64.v3.10.1.deb. professionals have technical skills, but their writing skills leave much to be desired. i have squid, lighttpd, pihole, dnsmasq, media server services running fine though and made me think it might be a red herring? For history I originally only had the UAP as the LR made it work decently in the whole house. 1. People say its coming or search but never links. Finally figured out and installed Java 8. When done click finish and login in for the first time into the controller. If you are using a UniFi router and would like to set up a VPN on it, Id really suggest looking into WireGuard. I was stumbling on it while searching for solutions for implementing a separate WiFi network ([emailprotected] range and SSID) for my IoT devices. You could enable client isolation, that would help a little. Can I put an AC AP LR at each switch to keep good strength through the middle of the room? I did not see in your instructions that an account has to be made. Ubiquiti's UniFi Ecosystem Explained; Ubiquiti: UISP Is The New UNMS; How Wi-Fi Works, From Electricity to Information; UniFi Wireless Access Point Buyer's Guide: 2021 Edition; UniFi BeaconHD and Smart Power Plug Review; UniFi Router Comparison: USG vs UDM vs UXG; UniFi Dream Machine (UDM) Review; UniFi Dream Machine Pro (UDM-Pro) Review Can I keep the wifi network that exists (the router is on 1st floor of the house) and use the AP to create another (same name or different?) You shouldnt have to worry about the channels, just leave in on auto and the Unifi controller will work it out. Thanks for checking out the tutorial on how to set up WireGuard on UniFi devices. They are about 50 m apart at opposite ends of the house. Sometimes devices cannot connect even if they are only a few meters from an AP. Edit the system.properties file (C:\ProgramData\unifi-video\data\system.properties) and add the following to the bottom: recording.recovery=true; Restart the UniFi Video service via service unifi-video restart. I enabled UPnP2 on the edge router but still no dice. pihole-FTL.db: this is the long term Pi-Hole database, containing a record of queries and a network table of clients. In UniFi I used these for a guest and a tenant wifi. They don't have to be completed on a certain holiday.) I have bought the Pro model. Just get an cloudkey and to control your accesspoints. I wonder what I did wrong. How to restore a backup on the unifi controller? How can I add cloud key, APs for the new location, so that I can see it in the same Unifi network portal? Eis a questao: tenho a controladora instalada em meu server, e gostaria de adotar unifis em um evento, cujo site est distante da minha controladora, na verdade 15 km, onde eu tenho um link direto via fibra. When my computer is in the VLAN, the controller does not work (AP and controller cant find each other? UniFi - Create and Restore Backup Configuration to New Controller 4GonSolutions 5.56K subscribers Subscribe 7.5K views 7 years ago A brief video tutorial describing backup configuration. hello USG-3P I saw your web tutorial afterwards and so perhaps should have bought the lite version. So in this video I show you very quickly. Another option is to use the Cloud key, a small device that is bought separately for $ 90,- and that you connect to your network. You can try to upload (restore) or maybe place the file into the folder on the new controller. I have a problem discovering the APs, I mean I connect them properly to the PoE switch, and the configuration on the switch is also the rigth one to reach the Controller. Allow SSH access onto UDM-Pro. It worked before with the USG 3P, but from what I heard there were to many problem with it, so they removed the compatibility, Ah! Need to transfer the unifi controller to another windows machine not the cloud. Privacy Policy. wWell, in this case, I would indeed start over. This only shows how traffic is routed differently to external networks. Try setting it to low or medium for each access point, Obrigado pelo tuorial. The old laptop since it has crashed. Feb 18 23:01:15 server01 systemd[1]: unifi-video.service: Main process exited, code=exited, status=1/FAILURE How do I set them up to where if someone walks to the back with there laptop or tablet they still maintain wifi access or switch automatically between the front and back AP? For in-house placements, the UniFi 6 Lite and the Long Range models are most of the time the best fit. eu sei que funciona, pois ja testei com 1 unifi, mas nao sei se em alta densidade de clientes ficar bom devido a distancia do server com o site, Leave the ERX as it is, the problem is most likely in the access point configuration. Hi Ruud, I am assuming you do not have a backup. Couldnt find an obvious way to delete them. In the VPN Server section, select Create New. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); LazyAdmin.nl is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. ip address add. should I maybe not have installed the most recent version of the Controller. They should be in the same range as your router. I am chatting to other friends more knowledgable in Linux than me to see if they can figure this out too for the service failing to start. I was wondering how you think about the fast roaming option? When you have concrete floors, you will need to install an Access Point on every floor for decent coverage. By rejecting non-essential cookies, Reddit may still use certain cookies to ensure the proper functionality of our platform. The only disadvantage is that you dont have all the insights that you get when the controller is running 24/7. Hi At last somebody speaking in terms I can understand. But at step 2, you can click Switch to Advanced Setup and create a local account only. Great article. We have no intention of accessing the UAP remotely, only locally. I continually get a certificate error message in both IE and Chrome when I try to load the controller. It drives me nuts that I have spent quite some money on this, and still my network shows horrible performance. Im new to Ubiquiti so I wanted to understand how your questions of If your controller is not online 24/7 applies to my setup. However upon searching I came across an application called Blue Iris which is perfect for RTSP cameras and $70/Perpetuity license and can record up to 64 cameras and runs on windows. For more information, please see our Is there any difference and do I need to adjust the setting in the controller (channels etc..) to get the best performances from both units. do you have to have a unifi controller or can you set them to work through a simple switch? If its stable and working as it should, add another access point. This way you can install it, reset it and see what happens more easily than walking upstairs to check the status light all the time . I have connected 3 nano hds to 3 netgear switches. Well, lets say Ive spent considerable hours on this one now. Hi Rudy, thanks to both your guides I now have installed both an ERX router and a Unify AP AC LR. Just to add clarity. After configuring these changes and saving the file, you should be able to open it on a WireGuard device and connect! Still, I'd buy a $5-10 sd card. Feb 18 23:01:15 server01 unifi-video[4477]: (unifi-video) Hardware type:Unknown For more information, please see our Make sure in the username, first name, and the last name there should be no space in between. If you dont want to use the cloud service, you will have to switch to Advanced Setup. I always try to make my reviews, articles and how-to's, unbiased, complete and based on my own expierence. So now, with Unifis recent stance with must register to cloud and other silly things theyve done as of late, it makes me want to switch even more to someone else for a product, that is buy a CK gen2 plus and then what happens in 3 years for support? You can run them through a netgear switch, that wont be a problem, as long as they can get power (with the PoE adapter or with the netgear switch), i have a adoption problem..control status shows like adoption failed. is_default=true. Power High. UniFi Video - Firmware File Location on Disk. I found the backup in the backup folder you noted. Very informative article. See the followinghttps://lazyadmin.nl/home-network/migrate-unifi-controller/ Opens a new window, Pay attention to step 5"In this step, your network will go briefly offline. My current settings are: 160MHz, channel 100. I had to use Google Chrome on this part, as Safari on my Mac did not work (everywhere I clicked, I was prompted to upload a file - I could not even give the . I have 3 APs in the house (its a three story house, 1 AP in each floor). Locate Unifi Controller File? I would like to leave the Peplink AP on but Im wondering the ramifications. In England Good afternoon awesome people of the Spiceworks community. I found under the RF tab the ability to keep each unit from getting connected to by a repeater or to keep each unit from connecting to a repeater. Log in to the web interface. Go to Settings > Maintenance > Restore > Click Choose File button. The multiple MIMO antenna will process data faster from a client. Im hoping that those comments are old(er) and that in your opinion it IS NOW time to start using steering. If separate how do i go about doing that. You can indeed connect your AC-Pro to the EdgeRouter ER-4, it will need a network cable from the route to the access point. Solved. You can adopt the access point into your controller, but you will need to open the correct ports in your firewall so the access point can access the controller. vi /tmp/system.cfg Once you have edited your config file, you must save it to flash: cfgmtd -f /tmp/system.cfg -w Once you have saved it you can reboot by issuing the "reboot" command or you can do a soft apply: /usr/etc/rc.d/rc.softrestart save leave a comment iam8up It is my understanding that adding a UAP-AC-PRO to the current setup (provided a wireless connection to one of the existing AP) could help us achieve the goal. It will automatically switch to another access point if the signal is stronger. When connected you can manage your network remotely. 1000 feet is a pretty long distance to cover with two LR accesspoints. We are a current VMw https://www.incredigeek.com/home/extract-unifi-unf-backup-file/, https://lazyadmin.nl/home-network/migrate-unifi-controller/. Great information Additional action: Open the controller and for each device, go to settings > open radios and set the transmit power to low. By rejecting non-essential cookies, Reddit may still use certain cookies to ensure the proper functionality of our platform. Follow Steps 1-3 in the Standard ace.jar method. Its important to understand that both VPN types will allow you to access your local network. (plug a cable in your router, check your Ip, connect to your wifi and check again) AP Outdoor The CloudKey is indeed a controller, so you dont need to install it on your computer. Automatically assign licenses in Office 365, Disable Use your Ubiquiti account for local Access. Since I dont have much knowledge I want to keep it simple to start with. I am just a home user though, in a pro env I would not recommend this. But that isnt your real problem. Are both devices place at the same location? Heb jij nog advies om verder door het configuratie menu te komen, Je kan de laatste firmware cachen op de Unifi controller (onder system settings) of de firmware handmatig updaten op de access point, I have a U6-LR AP and it doesnt connect to my MAC faster than 866 Mbps. Any idea why I cant see any higher speed? The UAP-AC-IW are connected to a PoE switch in our office which is connected to the SonicWall router (as are all other hardwired devices on our network). All of my equipment is UniFi except the AT&T router. Execute PowerShell Script with Administrative Rights. I have tested the wifi strength of both the AC Pro and the Asus router and the router has better strength. How to setup the same SSID for the two access points (in two floors) so that the connection is maintained when moving from one floor to other floor. Method 1: Restoring in the UniFi Controller To restore a backup you have previously downloaded, log in to the UniFi Controller and follow these steps: 1. The old cloud keys would do this pretty much any time they lost power but the CK2+ is pretty reliable for me. Another option is placing an Unifi AC-Inwall in your office. And is it okay to mount the UAP-AC-M onto the pole of an existing Digital Tv Antenna or will it get interference? It has someexample floorplans where you can see how important the right location is for a good wifi signal. Posted by WarKraft on Mar 1st, 2023 at 6:04 PM Solved General Networking Firewalls Hello, Need to transfer the unifi controller to another windows machine not the cloud. The AC-LR has a bigger and more sensitive antenna. If they are on the hard drive check this folder/usr/lib/unifi/data/backup (manual backups), /usr/lib/unifi/data/backup/autobackup (If you have auto backup scheduled). You can also subscribe without commenting. Ubiquiti offers a wide range of Access Points, but in this article, I will focus on the most used access points for home networks and small-medium-sized businesses. Thanks. Most I.T. Launched the controller at home (not where the UAP are at), and it requires that I create an account with UniFi. I am using mesh for both the Beacon and U6. We have two UAP-AC-LR indoor and looking for the best option to extend outdoors (to ensure coverage on the terrasse) the wireless network. Is there an ethernet cable from the PoE adaptor to the AP, and another from the PoE adaptor to the Router? The old laptop has crashed but I have access to all the files on the ssd I have pulled it out, Old controller had 6.045 version I found out from client. Ruud, You will need to use the same credentials. If your controller is not online 24/7 you should turn off the Uplink Connectivity Monitor in Settings Site. Execute the PowerShell script. UniFi Video Configuration. This way you can manage your controller from everywhere via unifi.ui.com and use the same credentials locally. Or is the better option to just install a unifi access point standalone and just live without a mesh network? Privacy Policy. The PRO is more central, but some devices seem to have difficulty connecting to the LR when moving between the PRO and LR, and so roaming around the house is a problem. There are a few things that you should modify in this configuration file before using it: The final field that can be modified is AllowedIPs. Spectrum has installed a new modem and router. unifi-video service status output shows this.