[News] Hey you! If somebody rudely interrupts you to say, Who asked? or Who asked you? it can be tempting to bite back immediately with a rude response. If you want to sound a little more formal, you could use something like. Yup. Im so glad Jen asked about emoji-only replies. Marcel here! What's the function to find a city nearest to a given latitude? Hi Caitlyn! Sign up for once-monthly updates on all things Instagram and social media. What youre saying is essentially, Im so shocked by the rudeness of that response that I can only imagine I must have misheard or misunderstood you., This response conveys a similar message to Excuse me?. Yes, you can use "good to know" when someone tells you something useful. When someone says something hurtful, consider taking several seconds or longer to breathe, feel your feelings, and consider your response. How do I respond politely when someone tells me something useful? One way to do this is to use similar language in your response. So, here I have examples of different scenarios where someone might comment or @ mention you and how you can respond to each. So, this response leans more toward a neutral tone as well. But as I mention frequently, I recommend she explain why. If it's about something I made (normally the case) I say "I'm so glad you like it." Hows your day? Especially if the other person is not that close to us, we should limit our explanation to the basics and avoid talking about negative things. Spam attempts are those who say "great pic! As long as the other person knows your whereabouts or usual routine, Same as usual. Again, rudeness is never the goal. Be confident: Speak in a confident manner when responding to a compliment and make it seem as if you get compliments all of the time. If the intent is to be nice and funny, a possible response to Hows your day? when a girl, particularly a girlfriend prospect, asks is Waiting for you to ask me out or Youre being nosy. Again, be careful, as it might sound rude or condescending. "@type": "Question", " What exactly does the word "cunk" mean to a British person? He has six years of experience in professional communication with clients, executives, and colleagues. But what can you do when someone calls you that? However, its not always rude. is that it has to play on the language and implications of the original statement, which this response definitely does. On the Mindful Messages blog, it is all about finding the right words for different types of texts and responses. Some people are rude. In writing, I think it would be harder to tell how you mean it, but in speech, it would be clear if you use a sarcastic tone. Winter says to only consider getting worried when you "already suspect something may be amiss in [your] relationship.". Here are some of the best responses to Hows your day?: As mentioned, there are several ways of responding to the question today. Here's what to say when someone calls you stupid and you need a sarcastic/funny response: 11 "Damn it. When would you say "I hope I'm not getting sick"? Hi sorry babeee I'm going to bed! While it is not a rude thing to say, this response clearly sends the message that you are not to be messed with. and how can I respond to this phrase? When someone says something like "aw I miss you!" you can always lie and say it back. When someone exclaims the Lord's name because they are upset about something, I like to add "makes all things new", implying that He is the solution to the problem they are upset about. In these cases, you have a ready-made response. There will be no doubt in anyones mind not only about how you feel but also that you are not someone to be trifled with. While I can't give you targeted ways to respond to this, since it will depend on what you originally asked of them, your response should include gratitude (thank you) for their comment and input. "good to know" is a great response -- as is "Thank you". Suggesting Is quite subtle, so, I think you should use words such as: "could" "perhaps" "maybe" / phrases such as "if youd like." Good to see you! I will try to use it. 'That's okay' suggests that a verbal thank you is sufficient, and no further appreciation is required. Their comments typically offer some variation of a compliment on the content. On some occasions, when someone rudely interjects in the middle of something you are saying to say, Who asked? there will actually be someone else there who has asked you a question that you are now answering. In these situations, the extra step makes you more genuine and relatable. "Thank you for thinking of me!" Then block the person with the spam post. When using this formula, it is important that we do not elaborate too much on everything that happened during the day. "You wouldn't be able to live with what you'd hear." - Another response that could either be funny or a little scary, pick the person carefully. The third way - not boastful and not self-effacing - is to be warm and genuine. 38 Fantastic Texts to Write in Birthday Card for Girlfriend, 63 Funny Things to Write on a Retirement Cake, 50 Great Messages to Write in a Birthday Card for a Friend, 37 Ingenious Texts to Send when Someone Doesnt Reply, Guest Speaker Thank You Note 21 Best Messages to Write. The reason for that is, more often than not, we are naturally driven to make others feel good about ourselves this is a generally good relationship-maintaining tool. And if you want to be emphatic, there's nothing wrong with "Thank you very much!". But, what exactly are you supposed to say back to them? A: Youre finally home, son. Can you make it better? and Bad, but it would be better if you ask me out. Otherwise, we can stick with the usual responses like Great, thanks. Because of this expressions relatively formal tone, we need not worry about offending anyone we use this response. These are my tips what are yours? Here is a helpful list of possible responses to Who asked? that will make the person youre speaking to think twice before being snarky with you again. 1. (That coat looks great on you! Hows your day? How can you respond to Hows your day? when youre tired? If someone writes Who asked? to you in a text, you can respond with wtw.. Saying "thanks" in a modest, appreciative way is very important to people. She also suggests noting when there's "a break in the pattern. ] Hows your day? is a question usually meant to start a conversation with someone we know of and, most of the time, trust. 1.why did you play hooky from class? } "mainEntity": [ As for how to respond, it's one of those things that no-one really knows how to say and it depends on what kind of the person who says it to you is. What is the symbol (which looks similar to an equals sign) called? This was highlighted recently when a reader asked me how she should respond when someone @ mentions someone else on your posts (inviting them to check out the content or asking their opinion). works for me, because it lets the complimentor know that what s/he said actually affects my outlook. Why don't we use the 7805 for car phone chargers? , both on the person being rude and the person they are being rude too. If they've answered a question or provided specifics, I again recommend you personalize your response. Unexpected uint64 behaviour 0xFFFF'FFFF'FFFF'FFFF - 1 = 0? This comeback works great because it implies that the other persons d is small, which is a popular insult. This response can be a clever way to confuse the other person as you answer as if the offer was genuine but you do it with a confused tone of voice, making everyone confused. And how about you? is something we could use as a response when someone says Hi and asks how we are. Posted on Published: May 14, 2022- Last updated: October 9, 2022. Hi Jen! ", Hows your day? Instead of responding in a reactive, hasty, and frustrated manner, simply look up at them for a second. In cases where we want to avoid the formalities because we are comfortable with our relationship with the other person, Pretty good followed by the question You? should suffice. In general, I advise against deleting comments because I think everyone should have a right to voice their opinion and perspective. How was yours?”" 23. Okay, I'll really stop counting the years after this one. Girls like people who are polite and respectful. It is my utmost pleasure to share with all of you guys what I know about languages and linguistics in general. ", Depending on the situation, sometimes just "Thank you" is enough. This witty response takes the tactic of pretending the offer was genuine and kicks it up a notch by presenting the next step to make it happen. 09 "Happy to oblige" When you do something because it makes you feel good, sometimes there's no need for a thank you. How can I answer when someone say "what's new?" Thanks for asking” or “Great. If these rude offenders are posting inappropriate comments or spam, she can also block those users to prevent them from returning. This, too, is something that works only well when talking with familiar people. "Aw, that's very nice of you to say, thank you." Photo by Josh Rocklage on unsplash 02 "Not you, unfortunately." Which would cut deep for most people whose go-to insult is smd. Is my English natural? 08 "That's okay" Use this phrase when someone is offering to repay you for your kindness. So, Yes, if youve noticed that youre not getting as much reach from your hashtags on Instagram, youre not alone!But its probably, While Instagram Reels are still a significant focus for the platform and they still generally perform well for most its no, Instagram has added the option to create a lead form directly on your Instagram profile. If the person tagged responds with a positive comment (they like them, they want it, so pretty, etc.) or "what's up?" English Language Learners Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for speakers of other languages learning English. "name": "How can you respond to “How’s your day?” when you’re tired? If you want to respond to someone rudely saying, Who asked? in a way that demonstrates that you have no time for their immature behavior, you can say that whoever it was that asked was smart enough to understand your answer. 11. I got his answers very helpful and to the point. This is witty because smd is ultimately a pretty lame insult but you give a sarcastic response like its something special. I have a friend who cannot take a compliment, and every time I say something nice she would say the total opposite of what I said. 3 Responding to the Wrong Number I think you may have the wrong number. If you post a question after sending a gift to someone, your question will be displayed in a special section on that persons feed. It's surprising how often it gets people to stop and think. Is it safe to publish research papers in cooperation with Russian academics? - happy to help! This way it becomes a positive message and supportive stance rather than looking like shes just deleting anything she doesnt agree with. Everyone gets texts from the wrong number sometimes (and they can sometimes be unintentionally hilarious). Sometimes it's just their Instagram username, other times it's their name and a question or comment. Hows your day? Personally, I don't typically respond if it's a simple @ mention of someone. or "Nah, I'm not!". Thanks for asking or Great. If one of your fans or customers reach out to you on Instagram with a question or customer service issue, you MUST (in my opinion) respond to them. She's stuck up." Youre letting them know that you wont tolerate speaking to them unless they adjust their attitude. ", I don't know about you but personally I don't like it when I give someone a compliment and they just throw it to the ground. These cute, silly comments are a great way to make him smile. (when there's no person in the photo) or other variations on these. But turning away the compliment was also fraught with danger and later, it seemed kind of rude to turn down a real compliment. Forcing the other person to awkwardly explain what they meant by suck my d*ck, likely making the flustered or embarrassed.