Pro tip: Like many other encouragement situations, addiction recovery is a journey. When you find this, you'll gain more hope for the future than ever. Fondest wishes for your birthday. Storms make trees take deeper roots. generalized educational content about wills. Change is painful but nothing is as painful as staying stuck somewhere you dont belong. Reassessing perspectives. Spread positive vibes to someone special on National Day of Encouragement (September 12)! Do not forget to take care of yourself. I always liked hearing your stories about his antics and hope you continue to keep telling them.. 6. We must learn to scale through when it feels like all hell are let loose against us. Times are tough for all of us right now but if you stay calm and have faith that good things are on their way, then youll get through this just fine. Instead, offer to make his or her life easier during this painful time in specific ways. In life, every moment is loaded with the happiness and opportunities you just need to see. Change is painful but nothing is as painful as staying stuck somewhere you don't belong. Rituals. Winawer suggested. 5. Finding outlets. Theyll be well taken care of. Or Why dont you get your siblings to help you more? From the emotional toil to the financial burden to the frustrations of the parent-child relationship, caring for an aging mother or father is no easy task. AVOID THIS: Youre too good for them anyway. Or I always thought theyd be the type to cheat. Focus your efforts on supporting your friend in a positive way, not cutting down their ex. When kids face challenges or setbacks, they need plenty of love and affirmation from the important adults in their lives to help them through. #1 My heart aches for you. Have a nice day ahead of you. No one has loved you (or put up with you) like Mom has. 8. ~ Shane Koyczan, Forget your past, forgive yourself, and begin again right now. Learn more in our affiliate disclosure. Tip 5: Stay motivated. We must accept finite disappointment, but we must never lose infinite hope. Just grab a spoon and start shoveling ice cream straight from the carton., Sorry things are crappy. When going through tough times in life though, we tend to forget this. I want to be here for you, in whatever way helps you the best.". If you need this for yourself, write out the ones that resonate with you, and paste where you can see them. Here are some things you might say to them when this happens: A colleague going through a rough patch may need to take a step back from work for a period of time to address other needs. When you're unsure what to say to someone who's grieving but you want to say something, these 25 texts can give you a starting point. Rightfully so. Tip 3: Invest in self-care. Were all being judged by someone who isnt even close to having their s*** together, Good things happen. Theres a decent chance you might be able to help by serving as a reference or introducing your colleague to others in your industry. Thanx so much for reading and your comment! ~ Mandy Hale, Its ok to scream and cry and break down. In case no one has told you yet: you are amazing, you can do this, you are loved. Learn to enjoy every second, minute, and hour of your life. Learn your lessons and stop repeating the same crap. If youd like some creative ideas f Express your gratitude with these thank you messages and ideas from Hallmark card writers. Ive never been one to stress out, Read More How to Stay Calm in Stressful Situations: 9 Simple Things to Do NowContinue, I remember when I first moved down to Guatemala I used to see a lot of older men with younger women and vice versa. "Keep on keeping on!". It's also a good idea to let them know that you're available to talk if they need someone to vent to. One more tip: Do the conscientious thing when talking to a parent with a troubled child. One of the most important tools parents have to shape their kids behavior is the power of positive feedback. A colleague may be going through a tough time because he or she got unexpectedly laid off. Click this link to go to their site and speak to a professional today. In the end, youll only regret the chances you didnt take. Looking forward to a time when youre feeling much better., If this didnt make you smile, let me know, and I will send you my senior yearbook picture instead., You and bacon are in my thoughts a lot these days. You can also consider sending coffee and sweets for her to enjoy while you two chat. Lifes greatest lessons are in the tough seasons of life. are not protected by an attorney-client privilege and are instead governed by our Privacy Policy. subject to our Terms of Use. However, I need you to brace up, look up, and never give up. Tell a friend going through a tough time that you know he or she has the strength to overcome it. 1. 16. But unless youve been there yourself, resist the urge. And before I go, I just want to leave you with this. Dont forget that while you are in that storm, I am holding your umbrella. When the storm rips you apart, you get to decide how to put yourself back together again, Cry as hard as you want but make sure that when you stop crying you never cry again for the same reason. Consider reaching out and letting this distant friend know about it. 5. We want to. I know you loved each other very much. Or You gave Sonny a wonderful life and he gave you so much joy. This is not fair. There was an error adding this product to your cart. Embracing emotions. This is a time to practice being judgment-free and accepting of each other. Wishing you all the strength you need right now., Can we finally say you deserve so much better? 4. So keeping your conversations confidential will show your friend you respect their privacy and will give them reassurance to express their feelings freely. You will win too. These statements will help you make sure you communicate your empathy effectively: I know you've put so much time and effort into this, and it has to be frustrating to see the project shut down. Dont throw them back. You can give the person a hug, listen to them, and offer any help or support they may need. The person I am today would like to thank the person I was 5 years ago for not giving up! Get the squad together and brainstorm ways you can help as a group. But I do have time to listen. Or I know youre carrying a huge burden right now. ! Ma daddy Bill once told me that if you dont stand for something you will fall for anything. TRY THIS: Losing a pet is so very difficult. at one time, we are feeling high on the mountain top; an at other time, we might be feeling so down and lonely in the valley of life. Thank you for all you do for us, but now is a time to take care of yourself as well., If you're far away from your family member and can't be there in person, consider sending a. In this instance, let your friend know youre impressed with how well shes handling caregiving responsibilities and suggest a specific time each week when she can call you to vent. The people we wish to comfort arent always close family members and friends. Im here to help, if you need it., Whats especially challenging right now? Tell them you love them. No matter how hard this time seems to you, but always believe in yourself and the work you have put in so far. Send a FREE Digital Video Greeting from DaySpring and Hallmark, made with your own photos and videos to anyone, anywhere, and let a friend know theyve got this. Thats a small glimpse of the pain of addiction. Please try it next time you have some negative thoughts. Losing a baby, no matter how it happensor how early in the pregnancyis devastating. But I definitely enjoyed these words of encouragement. You dont have to throw in the towel yet. Focus on Him, not your problem. Pull in their garbage cans on trash day. Youre my best friend. Help your family member by letting him or her know that youd like to take over some responsibilities while your family member tends to his or her own needs. The role of resilience in times of crisis. Just enjoy your life. AVOID THIS: Theyre going to be okay. Or My friends son got the same thing and hes totally fine now. Sadly, as much as we want to predict a happy prognosis, its out of our control. I would like to drop off dinner to your house one night. Or Mind if I drive you to your appointment? Does that work?, Family members need to support each other when one is in pain. You too? Stay Positive. 6. Just enjoy what you have now. My job is to make your life easier right now. So next time you are facing some challenges, face them boldly and with a victory mindset. To enjoy every moment of life it has to start with you, decide to enjoy every moment of life, and make this life worth living. Everyone around the world is freaking out and scared for their lives. AVOID THIS: Why are you so worried? God is bigger than your current situation. That would hurt my feelings, too. Sometimes we just dont know what to say to a friend who is going through a really difficult time. Even your troubles. In this case, you could reach out and let her know you understand what shes going through. Earth is in motion and it has never stopped. After you give that reassurance, then ask how you can help. People going through tough times often lose perspective, because they feel so mired in the problem itself. You can post a message of support on their wall or tag them in a post. Sitting in silence may just be what the other person needs. Reaching out. If you need a reference, networking help, anything like that at all, let me know. So, Keep holding on. - Robert Schuller. Each day gives you a chance to for new opportunities to exploit, so make the most of it. 3. It takes time, and often, setbacks and renewed attempts. 10. Maybe we will find something much greater than we expected. (Im one of them! If theyd like, wait in the lobby as an extra force of support. 1. 4. Even better, reference a specific story or life event that proves your friend is as strong as you claim. We thought you would like this compilation of proud to be a doctor quotes. This is particularly true if this persons life experience is very similar to one youve also been through. Chances are you know at least a few moms who deserve a shout-out on Mothers Day. Sometimes honesty is the best policy. Memorial page: If someone has recently lost a loved one, they may have set up a memorial page in their honor. In person: If possible, offering words of support in person can be a very powerful gesture. Love lasts through all fights. 6. A good thing to remember: Leave the venting to your friendtheyll probably be fine taking on that role. This can be a good place to offer words of support and share memories of the person who has passed away. . 33. This little exercise really helps me get through some difficult and stressful times. At such a time, more than what we know, we need someone to encourage us and help us to see the light while we walk through the tunnel. My thoughts are with you, and I pray you do not lose hope, even in this season of your life. Ive recently partnered with online-therapy.com and the people there are truly amazing. SHOW YOU CARE: Make a basket of goodies. Many users would be better served consulting an attorney than using a do-it-yourself online Don't feel like you have to take on everything by yourself.". By phone: A phone call can be a more personal way to offer support, as you can hear the person's voice and offer a listening ear. 2. Things are going to start looking up soon., I know youre body has definitely felt better, but how are your spirits holding up? You might also like this post on how to shake off a bad day, How to Shake Off a Bad Day in 3 Profound Thoughts, 10 Things Women Over 50 Should Never Wear ps it has nothing to do with clothes, (this post contains affiliate links so if you make a purchase I may make a small commission-affiliate disclosure). AVOID: Im going to pray for a miracle. You can still silently pray for your friend, but your caring presence will make the most difference. I dont know how much you are going through right now but I want you to know that I feel your pain. 32. Sometimes just knowing that someone is thinking of us can make all the difference in the world when we're going through a hard time. Consider these ideas for how to console someone if youre aware that a friend or loved one is going through hard times. . TRY THIS: I wish I had a magic wand to make all of this stress go away. Pinterest. You can do it. And although I have nothing to say, you know I have thought of you today. SHOW YOU CARE: Find a cute pic on Instagram of your friends fur baby and put it in a frame for their desk. And unicorns. Pro tip: A note or card is an unobtrusive way to show support even when your recipient isnt up for visitors. How have you been doing? Let your friend let off some steamthey may have been waiting for this moment to unload everything on their mind. Tomorrow is the future so enjoy the present and cherish every moment of life. I know sometimes its hard to actually believe when someone tells you things will be ok but the truth of the matter is, things will be ok! And hopefully not like a kidney stone., I believe in you! Thank you for telling me. No matter how your week may be going, we trust that these winning Wednesday quotes of the day, will not only inspire you but also help you to see the best of, Read More 115 Happy Mid Week Motivation And Inspiration : Wednesday Quotes, Wishes, Greetings, and BlessingsContinue, Sometimes in life, were faced with trials, challenges, and a feeling of defeat. As you probably guessed, this is another way you might comfort someone you only know through friends. Good on you., Stay strong and remember how many people care about you. While every heartache is unique to the person going through it, there are universal emotions many of us experience during times of grief and loss. Scary test, big presentation, upcoming chemo treatmentsometimes your recipient just needs a little enthusiastic cheering on. Keep praying. Losing someone you love is one of the hardest times of your life. Theres nothing easy about life these days. Please dont forget to share this out with your friends and family and anyone you love who is going through difficult times right now. You may want to save this one for people you know well and personally; otherwise, your sincerity . His success might be your failure. Its my turn to do the same for you., 8. I know youll do great., I know this wont be easy, but I also know youve got what it takes to get through it., Sending you good thoughtsand hoping you believe in yourself just as much as I believe in you., Lifting you up in prayer and hoping you have a better day today., I cant wait to catch up with you soon., Just wanted you to know youre on my mind and in my prayers., Im thinking of you.