They offer some sort of limited-time discount in order to create a sense of urgency. In some cases, fake customer support reps will try to get you to download software that gives them remote access to your computer. A deal that seems too good to be true or includes a sob story as to why the vehicle is being sold.. eBay are only concerned with issues that affect their own profit margins. In fact, it is said that eBay allows you to sell official replicas and not counterfeit items. Know the value of what youre buying, and dont get blinded by too good to be true deals. The service is free to buyers and covered by eBay's Money Back Guarantee. did said person say they woud send you the motorcycle and the title and then you would have to pay? Gift card scammers reach out to victims by phone, email, or social media. The scammer only needs to say they suspect something was wrong and most institutions will chargeback straightaway, regardless of whether they already have the item or what condition its in. I saw a car in craigslist and when I contacted the seller she made a very heartfelt story that her husband passed away in COVID and she is selling his car very cheap 2011 Honda CRV for $1000. A buyer happily purchases your item. Etsy then accepts payment at full price and authorizes the order, then pays me the full price and I ship the order. Miles Brignall. Activity on your account didnt follow our policy. Removing them protects sellers and their buyers from buyer protection claims and financial loss. This will make it do that your listing goes to the top of the search list. Particularly if the item is expensive, popular, or desirable (such as new cell phones or gaming consoles). A reseller is not going to do that.how stupid. Visit Seller Help - opens in new window or tab to find details of any policy issues with your account or listings, and get the information you need to quickly resolve them. It could be a matter of there being too many counterfeits on the market. * Identity Theft Insurance underwritten by insurance company subsidiaries or affiliates of American International Group Inc. 08:13 PM I make listings for new items and then - BAM - a few (not all) are claimed to be fake with no explanation given - except that eBay claims the items I bought ARE FAKE! Counterfeit products are illegal and not allowed on eBay. Illegitimate sellers may offer an item for sale but then request that the payment is sent outside of the platform. Review the sellers terms to ensure that youre protected if the seller doesnt follow through with sending the item.. If you signed up for Aura through a free trial, then your membership purchase date will be the date you signed up for your free trial, and you will have 60 days from the date you signed up for your free trial to cancel and request a refund. How do they sell my exclusive manufactured trademarked product for lees than I do?? If you continue to do so, the suspension will be permanent. So, I cancel the order and sent in a statement. Software, music, movies and other media must be original and not unauthorized copies. There is no way to dispute a transaction once its finalized in this way. Immediately. Because eBay functions as an intermediary between private buyers and sellers, the idea of building an online reputation on the site is pretty important. If so, look closer. The listings will often state that the item is authentic and include photos (stolen or faked) that will lead you to believe you're purchasing the real thing. The good news is that eBay has a No Items Listing Policy so victims of this scam may be able to get their money back. But bottom line, eBay pulled your lisitings, you relisted, eBay pulled them again. Thank you in advance for any helpful comments! Before joining the Insider Reviews team in 2017, worked as a freelance writer for Complex Sneakers and Sole Collector where he contributed to daily sneaker news and release dates, feature-length articles, and interviews with artists, designers, and athletes. eBay should explain why they take down my listings and ASSUME they are all fake. Unfortunately, Mercari and eBay typically side with the buyer from the start and we, sellers must jump through hoops to prove we are in the right. That is true because TMC did NOT make the item so you can't call it a TMC item. 2 - Don't wait for the traffic, build it! Heres how you can request a refund, If scammers have your personal or financial information, monitor your credit report for. It's worth noting that eBay takes a 20% transaction fee when authenticated items are sold. Ebay will always tell you that our programming won't catch everything, but honestly, that bullshit because if that was the case front page items that have sold hundreds and thousands of product would be pulled first. You dont need to be a rocket scientist to know that. Simple. Removed items cannot be relisted. Next, look at where the item was manufactured. There was another seller on these boards recently saying the same thing.their 'customer minifigs' were being pulled as being counterfeit. They paid straight away, and the delivery address was a . If you do, eBay will consider the transaction as returned or refused, which means youre no longer covered by eBays Money Back Guarantee, and you can no longer dispute the sale.. I always receive the very general email from eBay hoping to educate me about my fake listings- what a joke. How To Avoid the 14 Latest Venmo Scams [2023 Update]. You can purchase syndication rights to this story here. It is their site, their rules. 12-30-2021 "As with most things, if it's too good to be . A buyer may see your item and offer to pay for it privately rather than using eBays official payment channels. But I want to clear something up here: With all the strides the company has made to protect buyers, that reputation is undeserved. Questions that are covered in the FAQ or can be easily googled will be removed. But scammers also list fraudulent or fake goods and try to get you to pay full price for them. The buyer then tried to repeat that same scam several times. Heres how. I don't understand your last line - change their name to eGay ? Related: Brushing Scam: Is This Free Amazon Package Legit or a Scam? If the receipt does not come from a reputable dealer, like a Coach store, Nordstrom, or Bloomingdales, it may be fake. Sign up for our newsletter to get honest reviews on top products & services delivered weekly to your inbox. (Never let the seller persuade you to move the conversation to an off-site email or messaging platform.). How Fake Stuff Ends Up on eBay These items may infringe on someone's copyright or trademark. I could not even upload the receipt where I got the product to help win the appeal. After completing the sale normally, the seller will post the package with the correct address but the wrong name. The email they sent me is below. Here are some of the most common ways eBay sellers are scammed. Scan this QR code to download the app now. So in order to sell my stuff I have to offer just regular shipping which doesnt come with tracking. Any listing removed was a warning. If you want to fight it, you need to contact the Verified Rights Owner. They may be compensated as a marketing affiliate of Aura, but their ratings are all their own. All I could do was appeal it. Ebay doesn't give a shit about counterfeit items if the seller is Chinese and sells thousands of them. - edited We know your shopping standards are high. But as a buyer, keeping goods bought with a stolen credit card can put you at risk of losing your account or being investigated as an accomplice to the fraud. Scammers are hoping that youll assume the shipment was a mistake and return the package. She wants to return it even though my item states ALL SALES ARE FINAL. At first, it might seem foolish to pass up a generous offer, but often its a trap. Be cautious of buying authentic items being sold at well below market value. Related: Change-of-Address Scam: Why Scammers Want Your Address , eBay is full of listings for legitimate high-quality items. Your individual results may vary. The company has put in some safeguards, but you can do a lot to protect yourself as an eBay user. Learn More:Why Scammers Want Gift Cards (and How To Avoid Gift Card Scams) , It can be very frustrating to narrowly miss out on an item you wanted. Perhaps if eBay banned such sellers with a zero tolerance poli. You can also contact your local post office to try and determine where the package was delivered (and its weight) to gather further evidence for your claim. So I get an e-mail from ebay saying two of my items are counterfeit. Omg I JUST heard that same story!!!! Try to avoid buying items in categories that arent covered by eBays money back guarantee. Sellers of popular and desir. Merry Everything & A Happy Always The downside of buying online is that there is no way to verify the authenticity of the goods before you buy them. In this guide, well explain how the most common eBay scams work, the warning signs to look out for, and what you can do if youve been scammed as an eBay customer. Say hello to Amir at aismael@insider.com or on Instagram, Sign up for Insider Reviews' weekly newsletter for more buying advice and great deals, check if your item is eligible to be sold, Learn more about how our team of experts tests and reviews products at Insider here, Learn more about how we test style and beauty products. Buyers want to shop with confidence, and this is an easy way for them to do it. I know for a fact they are real products because it comes from a authorized store. Venmo is fast and easy to use. When the buyer contacts the seller to say they didnt receive the item, the seller claims the tracking information shows the item was delivered so the scammer doesnt have to refund the buyers money. Savvy sellers can avoid getting ensnared by selling fake goods by taking advantage of eBay Authenticate. Disclosure: This post is brought to you by the Insider Reviews team. So I get an e-mail from ebay saying two of my items are counterfeit. The item you get doesnt match the sellers listing. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Why does eBay have this policy? If they can't confirm the authenticity of your item, you'll receive a full refund. The sale of counterfeit items now represents 3.3 percent of world trade, according to the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development, an international group with 36 member countries. You have no way of knowing if another seller is having the same issue. But a search through eBay's recently sold listings is truly bizarre. If youre a trusting person, you may send the item in good faith, assuming the email is authentic. TECH WRITER, PRIVACY ADVOCATE AND VPN EXPERT, What to do if youve been scammed on eBay. If you want to understand the process of reporting a scam to police and how eBay is involved, visit the eBay Security Center. Copyright 1995-2023 eBay Inc. All Rights Reserved. There is one more scam that I have had to deal with. Learn how your comment data is processed. I know for a fact they are real products because it comes from a authorized store. I will not accept such horrible service. Once the scammer has your money through untraceable means, they will stop communicating with you and will not send the item. Delivering items as described in the listing. Some are targeted at buyers, others at sellers. The company UV prints or pad prints ink onto Lego pieces to customize them. Once they have the code, they disappear and make off with your gift card balance. QUOTE eBay is very aware that scams occur on the website. Read every listing thoroughly to ensure that you understand exactly what youll be receiving. For example, to be eligible for a refund you must complete and pay for items on eBay.com using a payment method approved by eBay.. However, there are several key benefits that alleviate the concerns associated with buying big-ticket, rare, or collectible items online. In this case, the purchase may be completed without flaw. ** Free trial offer can only be redeemed once per customer. Be cautious when purchasing items from the following list: This scam is clever because the deceit occurs offline after the eBay transaction is complete. The description herein is a summary and intended for informational purposes only and does not include all terms conditions and exclusions of the policies described. 12-31-2021 Also since you have been warned of such you on the list to be checked. I like to sell custom printed Lego minifigs from the Minifig Co. (TMC) and eBay has flagged a few of my items as fake. You may cancel your membership online and request a refund within 60 days of your initial purchase date of an eligible Aura membership purchase by calling us at 1-855-712-0021. In this case, the con artist is often assuming the identity of a legitimate seller whose. By clicking Sign up, you agree to receive marketing emails from Insider e-bay couldnt give two hoots for sellers as long as they are making money.