A $25 relocation fee per item will be added for items moved off site for storage. All returns must be completed within 30 days of sale date. AUCTIONEER'S DETERMINATION AND DISCRETION Therefore, all property is sold "as is." Those are the models that also went The fact remains, if you open a door you will let in something. The second is Joe Poyers U.S. Winchester Trench and Riot Guns and Other U.S. The bayonet lug on this shotgun is sized for the M1917 bayonet, which remained in service through the time this gun would have been in use. Call Tom at 208-660-5135 for info regarding personal guns. Amounts due over $2,000 must pay by wire transfer in US currency. Trench gun stocks from both wars should be standard pistol grip walnut with no checkering. to Korea and Vietnam. I'm not here to argue the rules with our members. Im looking at an M1897 with 20 barrel; heat shield attached correctly (floating at the receiver end); bayonet lug which appears to be factory fitted (3 screws) and which supports the end of the tube magazine as it should; no sign of a previous magazine band on either barrel or mag tube (i.e. When building our 1897 & Model 12 conversions we will only use the shields that we supply. The Winchester 1897 Trench Gun is legendary. 5 7 comments Best Add a Please contact the auction company for checkout dates & times. Items in the Price Guide are obtained exclusively from licensors and partners solely for our members research needs. Absentee bidding is available to those who cannot attend the sale in person. All absentee bidders must register with a credit card number and will be charged a preliminary hold of $100.00 upon registering. Monday, April 24th: 11:00am-2:00pm View cart for details. The magazine tube was also connected to the barrel with a barrel band. BIDDING. East Taylor Heat Shield for Winchester M1897 Shotgun, ventilated barrel jacket with bayonet lug for the M-1917 Bayonet. 95% of the TOs wouldn't have a clue if you made a replica trench gun. When soldiers managed to breach their opponents line, swinging those long-bayoneted rifles to fight in the confines of a trench was difficult, to say the least. The auctioneer may bid on behalf of the consignor up to and including the reserve price. 8 (Dec. 1): The National Military And S, 2023 - WorthPoint Corporation | 5 Concourse Parkway NE, Suite 2900. I know POTUS has banned Russian arms imports but I have sure not heard of any recent ban on any Chinese products. When finished these are an excellent representation of the original factory guns, ready for display or use. AUCTION BY LOT. If your sling loop has been removed or damaged these will correct the problem. They will not fit a Heavy Duck magnum because if its heavy barrel. It's simply amazing that some folks just can't understand what's written in black and white right in front of them. Our sales move rapidly and may include numerous floor bidders, absentee bidders, other telephone bidders, and Internet bidders. The main reason is the larger, more notorious. Correnct installation requires the shotguns magazine tube to be scored on three positions for the mounting screws to fit between the barrel and tube. We add a correct reproduction bayonet lug/heat shield and rear sling swivel. Barrel Length: The barrel has been cut to 22 Choke: Cylinder Bore, Fixed. Jet forward a year or two from then. Just as important, they can also help you identify clones, guns with wrong parts, or outright fakes. Remember that is what this is. This is a safety feature to allow the gun to naturally unlock under recoil but delay manual operation in case of a hang fire. Copyright 1995-2023 eBay Inc. All Rights Reserved. Researching more than one vehicle? LXVIII No. Original trench guns were finished with a rust bluing, but many were Parkerized after the war. He is a military historian specializing in World War II and has written a few things, as he says, "here and there". I know of the Nodak Spud kit and of course the venerable 590A1 but was interested in something more vintage yet. When US authorities declined to withdraw the guns from service, the Germans announced that they would summarily execute any American soldier caught with a trench shotgun (there were other models too, like the Winchester Model 12 and Remington Model 10, but since this article is about the 1897). Storage fees may be applied. That particular modification is NOT listed as allowable. WebHere is an exact replica of the factory Winchester 1897 and 1912 Head Shields that were issued from World War I up until Vietnam. They were in a panic and bought what they could get as I understand it. Copyright @2022 The Single Action Shooting Society, Inc. Fakes may be soldered or welded. You cannot paste images directly. His diligence in tracking down the correct parts and bringing it back as close as possible to its original condition has surely given him some expertise on the guns themselves. Ditto for standing on top of the trench and firing down. 21. RESERVES. TITLE. ( SARCO & Gun Parts Corp) . They had also carried the 8-pound Winchester Model 1897 shotgun. Gauge : 12 Gauge. Chamber: 2 3/4". View cart for details. The heat shield/bayonet adapters were easily damaged and may have been replaced with aftermarket parts, even on authentic guns. Anyone that knows me and what my main Modern gun is, knows I run right up against the rules. I just post the rules as written. Numrich Gun Parts Corporation Nevertheless, no information or description of any kind with regard to property listed shall be construed as a warranty, either expressed or implied. Nor, would I expect, that they really cared that you created the replica trench gun. Newly made steel reproduction item.Originated back in WWI for trench warfare and used up through Vietnam war. In the event that unforeseen circumstances such as adverse claims of title or rightful possession require the rescission of sale of any property offered and sold, QW, upon it sole and final discretion, retains the right to rescind any sale to any purchaser upon provision of written notice to the purchaser. Therefore adding a heat shield to a civilian 1897 is not allowed. 360 S. Washington, Falls Church, VA 22044. I can not see the difference between a trench gun from Winchester or norinco and one that uses the same parts by a gunsmith or shooter. In the hands of a skilled soldier, a slam-fired 12-gauge shotgun would be devastating in that environment, discharging six rounds of double aught buck in about five seconds. Because of the finishing process, this model bayonet was blued for the first few inches of blade up from the hilt. 9 (May 26): The National Military And Sho, Catalogue Of A Collection Arms And Armour, The Property Of Sir Archibald, Arms And The Man Vol. As your name comes up on the list, we'll contact you as soon as we have a gun available. 703 532 5632 extension 571. QW has made every effort to accurately describe and catalog all property to be sold. All others, including riot guns, have the bead attached to the barrel near the muzzle. Quinn's staff assisting customers with moving auction purchases to vehicles are not responsible for damage. Females and Firearms Series: A Proven Technique to Rack Your Slide Confidently, ZEV Technologies Launches Core Combat Rifle Series. Cold Shower Face And Body Wipes | An NRA Shooting Sports Journal, Review: Taurus G3 Tactical | An NRA Shooting Sports Journal, Video Review: Browning Citori Hunter Grade II Over/Under Shotgun | NRA Family, Video Review: Savage 93 Minimalist Rifle | NRA Family, Video Review: Springfield Armory XD-M Elite 4.5 OSP in 10mm Auto | NRA Family, Make Mine Metal: The Alloy-Frame KelTec P15 | An Official Journal Of The NRA, Preview: Smith & Wesson Performance Center M&P9 M2.0 Competitor | An NRA Shooting Sports Journal, NRA Women | New for 2022: 20-Gauge Beretta A400 Xtreme Plus, Preview: Springfield Armory 1911 DS Double-Stack 9 mm Pistol Lineup | An NRA Shooting Sports Journal, Find More Great NRA Publications Perfect For Every Interest, Discover Everything That The NRA Has To Offer. There is a 4% service fee for use of a credit card. That is a felony. Made from premium-grade, vegetable-tanned leather, the Burdette Custom Holsters Detective SA-35 holster is a custom outside-the-waistband (OWB) model for the Springfield Armory SA-35 semi-automatic pistol. Original, Winchester 1200 Trench Gun Heat Shield/bayonet Lug With M1917 Bayonet. Consequently, it behooves Internet bidders to avail themselves of any and all additional terms and conditions that apply to these proxy services. So if the rules state civilian or military style why is a civilian converted to military illegal? The Winchester 1897 Trench Gun also saw service in World War II, Korea, and Vietnam and it has become a prime target for military surplus firearms collectors. Now you can dress up your office desk or man cave with a 1:3-scale replica of the best battle implement ever devised.. I'm trying to recreate a 520 trench gun. Posted: November 15, 2022 09:22 AM. No Appointment Needed. Original heat shields on both WWI and WWII guns are riveted to the bayonet lug. Nothing may be removed until bidder transaction is settled. I also decided to vote with my wallet and refrain from shooting any WBAS match because of the stringent rule interpretations by the committee. Auctioneers reserve the right to hold personal or business checks for up to 10 business days to allow for clearance of funds, returned checks are subject to an additional fee of $35.00. PARTS : Sorrywe do not sell SHIELD/BAYONET LUGS as stand alone units. UPDATE: March 16, 2023 An ongoing supply chain issue means that we need to immediately put a hold on all NEW incoming trenchgun conversions shipments. Full payment: All items must be paid for in full before the bidder leaves the premises. Not withstanding the foregoing paragraph, if any property listed in this catalog is found to be substantially at odds with the description provided, then the purchaser may seek the remedy of return for the property in question for full refund as follows: For those attending the sale, return must be made the day of the sale. See Auction Information for full details.". Its all patriotic and stuff. Please let me know if this 1897 bayonet lug and heat shield would fit on a Stevens 520 shotgun. A. 0.98 Full Toddo mode (inside joke) Steel Challenge, Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) Gun Show, Charter Arms .38 Spl, Crimson Trace Grip SS, Wanted - High Standard Citation/Military factory magazines - not aftermarket, Trade CFE 223, Varget, Large Rifle/Pistol Primers for Small pistol/rifle primers or BL-C(2). My point is what makes it a trench gun is the parts not the manufacturer. Estimates do not include buyer's premiums or applicable taxes. If that were my trenchie, Id name that one Poke-a-haunt-us or Porky. They are no longer legal for importation. Believe me, it would be a deluge. Serial number range for World War I era trench and riot guns: E613000-E705000, Serial number range for World War II era trench and riot guns: E921300-E986300. sold with all faults, not subject to return] will be eligible for this remedy. A. There was no special Model of 1917 bayonet made for the U.S.-issue trench guns. The reason the Model of 1917 rifle bayonet was selected for use with the trench gun in the first place was to simplify logistics. They were already in production at Winchester, Eddystone and Remington-the makers of the U.S. Model of 1917 Rifle. Free SHIPPING TO YOUR PREFERRED FFL Easy Payment RELIABLE Complete the look of your Model 1897 Trench Gun with this Winchester made reproduction heat shield! This service DOES NOT APPLy to the modern reproduction bayonets. No to my question to the rules committee will mt 97 take down model with the 97 trench gun heat shield legal under WBAS rules? Do you need a Winchester 1897? The Germans let it go. Please do not show confirmation for remainder of session. You are using an out of date browser which is likely incompatible with our website. I also decided to vote with my wallet and refrain from shooting any WBAS match because of the stringent rule interpretations by the committee. Original heat shields on both WWI and WWII guns Amounts shown in italicized text are for items listed in currency other than U.S. dollars and are approximate conversions to U.S. dollars based upon Bloomberg's conversion rates. The gun was made in 1918, and the bayonet lug & heat shield on it were made no earlier than 1942 mis-matched parts. To keep this process based on a reasonable time frame we cannot add any additional names at this time. CSA, Civil War Times May 1967 Sheridan Winchester Curtin POW Boat Escape Lincoln, RARE 1897 Antique Litho Print - General Sheridan at Five Forks 1865 Civil War, 1864 Antique Prints - VI Corps (Union Army) at the Opequan - Gen. Finish is brushed surface blued steel. Antique (Pre-1899) Rifles - Flintlock Misc, Antique (Pre-1899) Rifles - Matchlock/Wheellock Misc, Century Arms International (CAI) - Rifles, Muzzleloading Modern & Replica Rifles (perc), Winchester Rifles - Modern Bolt/Auto/Single, Winchester Rifles - Pre-1899 Bolt/Single Shot, Century Arms International (CAI) - Pistols, Colt Automatic Pistols (.25, .32, & .380 cal), Colt Single Action Revolvers - Modern (22 Cal. If it's legal on one gun I don't see what makes it illegal on another gun of the same basic type. High Bid: USD 120.00. Iconic Sniper Rifles of the American Armed Forces, Dont Lose Your Guns: Storage, Tracking and Insuring, Stories From The Squad Car: Balancing the Badge. Reserves are minimum prices, established by confidential agreement between QW and its consignors, below which an item will not be sold. Many in that range are trench guns, but some are riot guns purchased by the US government. August 3, 2014 in Wild Bunch Rules Forum. Adding a heat shield to a shotgun that did NOT come from the factory with one would be an External Modification. A featured contributor for Strategy & Tactics, he likes dogs, range time, and a good cigar - preferably with an Old Fashioned that has an extra orange slice. These shields will fit Winchester models 1893, 1897, and 1912 with standard barrel diameters and magazine tubes. WebWinchester 1897, Heat Shield & Bayonet Lug, Military Stamps & Cartouches - Pump Action Shotguns at GunBroker.com : 955676542 Buy Winchester 1897, Heat Shield & I can't remember what the name is, but I'll do some research today. Furthermore, there is no remedy for bidder remorse. Sounds like an awesome project. In Overall Length: 38". Click below to begin your paid subscription. Several years ago I ended up with a heat shield for a 97 trench gun with the bayonet lug and sling swivel. Invoices greater than $2,000.00 require payment by certified check, bank check, cash or wire transfer. Unable to retrieve AutoCheck Summary Report, please try back later. Any fees associated with wire transfers are the responsibility of the sender. I also want to point out that there are companies that make reproductions using refurbished and reworked Model 1897 guns. If you must make the modification, recognize that you have illegal equipment and you can not shoot for a score. Estimates are offered as a rudimentary buyer's guide and are determined through research and review of comparable properties by QW. The purchaser assumes immediate risk and responsibility for the property. Generally $949 plus $45 return shipping IF YOUR WOOD IS USEABLE.. You can send it to us directly without going through an FFL and we can return it directly to you. Picked up an pretty sweet bayonet on eBay and a sling as well. Many of us have the reproductions that were produced in China over the years. The rest of the blade was left in the white. His bayonet is stamped 1917 with the Winchester logo on one side and U.S. with the flaming ordnance bomb on the other. A buyer's premium of twenty-seven percent (27%) will be added to the hammer price of each lot sold. The bolt comes right out the back of the receiver and will give you a nasty case of slide bite, or bolt bite if you arent paying attention. Thank you. WWI guns had six rivets ground smooth. Invoice and payment instructions will be sent by email on file after the conclusion of the auction. Wet tumble steel pins dirty issues- anyone else have this problem? I have an opinion on all that, as I am absolutely positive everyone else does as well. This amount is subject to change until you make payment. Winchester 1897 BAYONET LUG & HEAT SHIELD for TAKETDOWN Ver.