Model 43 Introduced in 1949. Im trying to post pics but my Imgur links arent working with your insert image button not sure what Im doing wrong. It's serial number is 23XX5A and is untapped with open sights. If you can, please send clear detailed pictures of the rifle to me at [emailprotected], NOTE: first posts are subject to administrator approval before being displayed, WinchesterCollector.org When it comes to hunting, there is NOTHING that tops. Winchester 43 .218 Bee (W6272) Price: $1,895.00 Item Number: W6272 Previously sold Winchester 43 .218 Bee caliber rifle. Of slight concern on the earlier production rifles likes yours, is the head space. If yes then Id contemplate a refurbished Weaver K4 to be period correct. The .218 Bee is a .22 caliber centerfire rifle cartridge designed for varmint hunting by Winchester in 1937. 218 Bee "Extreme" Custom Ammo. All receiver sights I know of use 2 screws. I cant wait to go review the prior work and write-ups you have done previously on the Model 43. Winchester Model 43 .218 Bee Bolt Action Varmint Hunting Rifle With Leupold Scope and Sling. Im intrigued by this thread. I havent been here long so not sure if you guys give approx values but I would estimate to be in VG 98% condition. The tendency with smaller varmint rounds like the Bee is to push maximum, ammunition left in a hot sun or truck cab inviting a stuck case or locked bolt. Thanks so much for allowing us to glean experience from your in-depth knowledge and wisdom.. Bore is very good with strong rifling. Yes, Bert. I will assume that you missed a digit in the serial number with the correct number, I can pin down the month & year it was manufactured. Brand New. NEED MORE INFORMATION PLEASE CALL OUR OFFICE, WE ARE LOCATED IN WESTERN NEW YORK STATE. it has been drilled for a Weaver N2 side mount & has a C4 scope mounted to it. Language links are at the top of the page across from the title. My bad. SN#17086A, MFG: 1949 Estimate, MFG: 1948-53, Deluxe Models Very Rare. The swept bolts begin to appear at serial number 1100, and fully replace the straight bolt before serial number 8800. I have always wanted a .218 Bee, but wasn't sure on what to look for, so I settled for this one. Winchester 43 .218 Bee (W11116) Price: $895.00 Item Number: W11116 Previously sold Classic bolt action varmint rifle in .218 Bee. The stock is also very fine showing numerous scattered minor handling marks and retaining most of the finish. Algo sali mal. Looking for what information I can find and possibly find other vintage scope options I may have and possibly other front hoods that may have been used that will fit the 43. Mon-Fri: 10:00am 4:00pmSaturday & Sunday: Closed. It has been locked up in his gun safe for decades and appears to be in extremely nice condition. You are considering a vintage Winchester Model 43 Barrel its chambered for 218 Bee. Winchester Model 43 .22 Hornet 4 RD Round Blued Steel Magazine Triple K 632M Hover to zoom Shop with confidence eBay Money Back Guarantee Get the item you ordered or get your money back. The bore is bright and shiny with strong rifling, no fouling or pitting. Hello Group and thanks to Bert for all of the information!! Magazine is after-market, but works good. Assuming that it is in the 61,000 serial range, it was a late production rifle, and Yes, it was factory drilled & tapped for mounting a scope. But if not I would go with newer optics like a Leupold 39, Im not the boy who first shot this rifle 40+ years ago. That said, some of the older powders provide outstanding accuracy and velocity, and precautions such as assuring ammunition boxes remain in the shade, or even placing them in your iced drink cooler on especially hot days, are standard procedures even with the newest powders. standard and deluxe grade. Caliber. Is it a Standard or a Special Model 43 rifle? 3-Pack Winchester Model 43 218 BEE 5 RDS Magazine Mag Mags Made in the USA! The jewel among bolt-action Bees, and one that will hold its own with the Model 70 in accuracy, is the dainty little Sako L46. Is this a bad thing? It appears that your local gun shop is carrying Hornady ammo. This low magnification and relatively coarse crosshairs might have negatively affected groups somewhat. I know they were made from 1949 to 1957. Copyright 1995-2023 eBay Inc. Todos los derechos reservados. For Winchester Model 43 rifles the Beger 35gr Varmint, Hornady 35gr V-Max, Nosler 35gr Varmageddon, Sierra 40gr Varminter and the Barnes 30gr Varmint Grenade are your best choices. I see this all the time. I believe that Numrich has diagrams/schematics for the Model 43, but I sincerely doubt that you will need them. The Model 43 is a well-made, 6-pound rifle that includes a three-round detachable box magazine, allowing the use of pointed bullets (though the confines of that magazine limits overall length). Despite showing some early promise, the cartridge never really caught on, even though it was later chambered by Winchester in their new bolt-action Model 43 rifle and by Sako in their L-46 rifle. WEIGHT - 6 LBS. Winchester Model 43 Rifle. Thanks so much for the response Ill post pics tomorrow. In terms of relative performance, the .218 Bee falls between the smaller .22 Hornet, and the larger .222 Remington and the more popular .223 Remington. I can tell you when your Model 43 was manufactured if you provide the serial number. Seems to shoot strait out to 50 yards.if it is a headspace issue how does one correct it.if its even possable, NOTE: first posts are subject to administrator approval before being displayed, Devices in use: Desktop (49), Phone (20), Tablet (1), WinchesterCollector.org I have longed to own the .22 Hornet.. The Winchester Model 43 "Special Rifle" version, used for testing here, includes a 24-inch round, proof-steel barrel measuring .56-inch at the muzzle, select walnut stock with checkered pistol grip and forend and steel butt plate. I have a Model 43 in 25-20 with a 3 digit serial. CALIBER - .218 BEE. A bolt-action, with detachable box magazine. Hey Bert, Thanks so much, its not tapped like I said 98% ish. The cartridge was originally chambered in the Winchester Model 65 lever-action rifles, which may have ultimately led to its lack of popularity. It was manufactured in September 1953. The cartridge was originally chambered in the Winchester Model 65 lever-action rifles, which may have ultimately led to its lack of popularity. Winchester continued to catalog them through 1957 to sell remaining stock on hand. I dont mind emailing them if you have an email address, You can send the pictures to me at [emailprotected]. In general, the Model 43 is capable of very fine accuracy with the 22 Hornet cartridge, but they can be picky about the specific ammo to shoot in them for best accuracy. 5 product ratings - Winchester Model 43, 218 BEE, 5 RDS by TripleK #693M Made in the USA! I have a model 43 in 22 Hornet which has been drilled and tapped for scope mounts. You are considering a vintage Winchester Model 43 Barrel -- it's chambered for 218 Bee. I would be interested in reading this article where can I find it, I have a model 43 .22 hornet with a high serial number I am also searching for a clip. Winchester designed the cartridge by necking down the .25-20 Winchester cartridge to accept a .224 diameter bullet. With that in mind, I chose Noslers 35-grain Ballistic Tip Lead Free (later swapped for Hornadys 35-grain V-MAX, which Ill get into momentarily) on the light end, Speers 40-grain Varmint SP and Sierras 45-grain Varminter SP as ideals, and Hornadys 50-grain SPSX (Soft-Point, Super eXplosive) at the heavy end. It came off of a ladys fathers boat. Manufacturer/Trademark - Winchester. The Model 43 is a very simplistic design, and does not require much disassembly to properly clean. Weaver K6 optics are clear. RIAC believes that this website is accessible to the widest possible audience pursuant to the guidelines of the Americans with Disability Act. JavaScript is disabled. Its in really nice shape its serial is 667 and as far as I know its standard model. and .32-20 Win. I saw as I was browsing the site that you were looking for data on Model 43s for a research project. Stock has been custom checkered and has a small age crack near butt plate. Consulta cada anuncio para ver las opciones y los costos de envo aplicables a los envos internacionales. It appears to be a nice rifle and needs a good cleaning. A while back I purchased this Winchester Model 43 in .218 Bee, without doing a great deal of research on it. 62,617 mfg. Bert (just to the south of you in western Washington), Drew said Its a great shooter in any case. Please confirm you want to mark all posts read, Model 1894 takedown rifle serial number date versus barrel s, For JWA--please evaluate my model 75 sporter. Inv#0522143. Based on my research survey, the odds are very high that your rifle is chambered for the 218 Bee cartridge is it? I have a model 43 in 22 Hornet which has been drilled and tapped for scope mounts. Barrel and receiver are in great condition save some aging and usage marks, surface scratches, and tarnishing. As a varmint shooter who spends a lot of time under a hot sun, I find newer temperature-insensitive formulas give me peace of mind. Second, once Ive gone through it and can be certain of the condition, I need to figure out what I want to do with it. A serial number in the 600 699 range puts its production in June of 1948. Was this rifle originally drilled at the factory for the scope mounts? First of all I gave you the wrong on the serial, Its been a few years since I took her out of the safe its actually 668sorry about that I dont want to mess with your data. The rifle was also chambered in .22 Hornet, .25-20 and .32-20 Winchester. I guess you could say, if its not going to matter, I would like to make a custom shooter out of this.. Once I modify the stock with a slight palm-swell and taper the forearm, I do plan to checker both palm and forearm. Cases are also easily formed from .32-20 WCF brass. But the serial number is 6155A. New Hornady brass, vintage Lee Reloading Dies and CCI No. The early production Model 43 rifles were made with a straight (90-degree) bolt handle. A few later rifles were apparently factory tapped for scope bases, the test rifle (on generous loan from gunsmith Ron Soderquist) including serial number 20234A, so it was likely drilled and tapped to allow scope use after leaving the factory (though I could be wrong). There is a post in the forum by Bert with pictures of correct Model 43 .218 magazine for reference. Does anybody know when it was manufactured and what it may be worth? The .218 Bee cartridge was designed by Winchester for use in their Model 65 lever-action rifles. Im happy to help in any way I can. The receiver and bolt were improved beginning in January 1950 to strengthen the action to help prevent head space issues. The Fora platform includes forum software by XenForo. Save up to 10% when you buy more. Hope I havent beat it up! WINCHESTER MODEL 43 WINCHESTER MODEL 88 WINCHESTER MODEL 71 100 HOOD . - Winchester Model 43 218 BEE 5 RDS Magazine Mag Mags Made in the USA!