A fresh start. Want to spend your summer being creative and making some money on the side? You show up to your 8 a.m. final with about three hours of sleep, no coffee and only half of the information you studied readily available in your mind. What does cozy mean to me? Now I believe home is an atmosphere created by the people that are surrounding me. As Oxford Learner Dictionaries define it: a piece of writing or speech that says what somebody/something is like; the act of writing or saying in words what somebody/something is like. What is home? Home is a mindset. Create optimized copy for anything you can ask INK. Helen Rowland said, "Home is any four walls that enclose the right person". Join our team and let's create something amazing together! Today is not OK. The place where I feel most comfortable is a place where I am calm. This home will forever be my safety and my delight. Even though home can be a feeling that can last forever, sometimes it's inevitable that people move out. When I hear this song, I forget where I am. But after ordering and returning items multiple times due to feeling uncomfortable in them, I realized that this wasnt my style. Standards have been set for centuries regarding expectations surrounding dress, especially for women. There is one thing that is common in most small, rural Southern towns; appliances on the porch. In a small town called Whigham located in the southwest part of Georgia is a home numbered 201 in the middle of Harrell Avenue Northwest. This is ridiculous! Those two exams just stripped you of your pride. Lauryn Wiley; Houston, Texas, When I was growing up, my household was rocky. The tremendous picture window was confined by a custom bureau with a smorgasbord coming to simply beneath the windowsill. Those two exams just stripped you of your pride. Being the youngest of four, everybody grew up before me. It can be a place, a feeling, or just another word. You didn't study enough and you're pretty sure that last final dropped your grade at least 10 percent. What Was the Most Important Thing You Learned In School? Outwriting Competitors with Powerful Content. That is the price you pay for the richness of loving and knowing people in more than one place., Bless out house as we come and go. Is it the bed youve slept in since you were seven? Jeanine de los Reyes; South San Francisco, California, Baking pies. While working on your text, you must learn about some good words that can help you share your feelings! At first, I felt pressured to wear the same, their matching sets, bike shorts, crop tops, and more. When you don't know what to write, consult yourself.. This often involves adding things to make a space cozier, such as rugs, curtains, candles, artwork, and plants. Camilia Kennett; Highland, Illinois, I know I'm home when I feel loved and secure and the clutter is all mine. Poor attempt at coping with finals, but hey, you can't think about that biology exam anymore, you're just numbing your pain. Road-tripping with your friends? Haven't done anything all day Time to start cramming. His arms felt like home. Happy finals week! But above all, certain rooms or vignettes immediately make me feel like they are inviting, cozy. Plus, you'll be compensated by HQ at $10/response for your first 10 articles. Creating a more direct approach can help the person to understand even if they are not that great in construction and architecture. Rethinking the discussion on gun violence and weapons ownership in the United States. Accessed 1 May. No matter where people go in life, they can continually go back home. Heck, leaving home can be hard and exciting all at the same time. Studying for seven hours straight, slightly brain dead and disoriented. Some words you can use to describe different kinds of enjoyment include: happiness; love; relief; contentment; amusement; joy; pride; excitement; peace; satisfaction Weve all been here before. There is something oh so special about coming home. Danielle Halloran; Folsom, California, A clean, fresh, lemon-scented living room, open windows, plenty of sun and warmth everywhere, and my mother's cheese pie baking in the oven. Looking for a way to spend your summer doing something creative and fulfilling? Home can be a country that you were born in or raised in. This is the house I was raised in since my mother and father brought me home from Grady General Hospital in the month of January in 1991. You've been studying all day and still don't understand the majority of the terms. I blamed myself for the conflicts that would arise, so I disliked myself. When I was in labor, our Passat took me to the hospital and brought us home after our son was born. So, here is an account for how your finals week may have went or will be going as your final days left in school come to an end. (Iowa for him, Delaware for me.) Pre-studying study break at Starbucks. On this page you'll find 26 synonyms, antonyms, and words related to homelike, such as: comfortable, comfy, cozy, delightful, hospitable, and homey. My little flat is feeling much more homelike now that Ive added a few things. But after ordering and returning items multiple times due to feeling uncomfortable in them, I realized that this wasnt my style. Before we became nomads, we thought of home as where we had grown up. The rays of music may salsa on her skin, but they dig deep into mine. A clean slate. Sue Veazie; Eden Prairie, Minnesota, The smell of fresh laundry and a hot cup of tea. Everyone feels the desire for belonging and to fit in with the people around them. We do loud really well. When it comes to family, I feel most at home whenever we are all back together. If I want to make fried bologna with a side of couscous or have a cackling laugh attack watching I Love Lucy, I can, because I'm home. But do we really need to dress to impress? And I realize thats all I have left. For my home, my favorite adjectives would be: for the inside So may you untangle yourself from the twist of melancholy and ley your thoughts carry you back to the birthplace of your truth. Dodinsky, I believe that all of our lives were looking for home and if were really lucky, we find it in someones loving arms. All references to Third party names and logos are brands of their respective owners. Road-tripping with your friends? A home is not just an abode built to live in; in fact, that is just a definition of a house. And now a question fir you: Do you have any favorite scented candles that fit these photos? Pre-studying study break at Starbucks. I feel like my day has been reset. Whether we were studying, walking around campus, as long as we were together I felt warmth and belonging. Both are used, but 'home in' does a better job of hitting the mark. Web1. But do we really need to dress to impress? They uncover everything about him that I promised myself I would forget. The longer you stay, the harder it is to leave and you can never let go without leaving your footprints., Everyone will end up leaving you at one point or another, but its the ones who come back that are most important., You leave home to seek your fortune and, when you get it, you go home and share it with your family.-Anita Baker, Art is the only way to run away without leaving home., Family, like branches on a tree we all grow in different directions yet our roots remain as one., We might be miles apart, but Ill always carry you in my heart., Leave home, leave the country, leave the familiar. My hair required washed as of now since so much tidy has gathered on it. Thats especially true for the humble, one-stop-light town I was brought up in. Plus, for your first 10 articles, youll be compensated by HQ at $10/response. Tara Pierson Hoey; Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Living in Manhattan, where space is often tight, I've learned not to limit the definition of "home" to my closet-size bedroom in a shared apartment. Instead, you should use language like rocking corner deck.. Words and phrases with similar meanings: lively, fast-paced, hectic. Its warm, Words and phrases with similar meanings: delightful, quaint. When a matter is going to appear as nuance, it is best to try and ask the agent to describe the house with detail. This shows grade level based on the word's complexity. You know, like when you would come home from a long day and you can just put everything down and think about the present. I come from a good family, but I detested what I used to call home because of the constant turmoil and uncertainty. As a response writer, you'll get to choose your writing schedule and what topics you want to cover. For over thirteen years, I called home a place I resented many times, but thankfully, I found my perfect home, which is more superior than a house. But above all, certain rooms or vignettes immediately make me feel like they are inviting, cozy. So, here is an account for how your finals week may have went or will be going as your final days left in school come to an end. Today is not OK. Looking up, the summer sky looked like an Easter egg God had dipped in blue dye. My wife and children fling popcorn and flock to me like the slugger that I can sometimes be. Feature what you feel about living in that lovely home of yours. Plus, for your first 10 articles, youll be compensated by HQ at $10/response. Theres also a grayish- purple futon which we occasionally pull out, but it mainly stays as a couch. Whenever I would have a bad day, Id look forward to seeing him because without a spoken word, I knew that everything would be just fine. Victoria Fedden; Fort Lauderdale, Florida, Home is my soft place to land. Your favorite beach reads and binge-worthy Netflix shows. In high school, I worked in a casual restaurant that served soup so I wasnt dressing to impress there either. No application required to sign up. WebApartment /Flat/Studio. Were currently seeking writers to join our summer writing program. It sounds like soul-searching, and maybe it is. It gives me that refreshed feeling. 100 Clever Yearbook Superlatives for 2023, 30 DIY Mothers Day Gifts Anyone Can Make, 125+ Best Mothers Day Quotes for Mom in 2023, The 50 Best Happy Birthday Quotes To Help You Celebrate, 50+ Homemade Mothers Day Gifts From The Heart, Wedding Wishes: What To Write In A Wedding Card, Creative DIY Gift Ideas For Everyone In Your Life, Home is the starting place of love, hope and dreams., The magic thing about home is that it feels good to leave, and it feels even better to come back., Home is where love resides, memories are created, friends always belong, and laughter never ends., A house is made of bricks and beams. With definitions of home varying for so many people, there is no way to tie it to a single, concrete definition. This always reminds me of those lazy Sundays when my mom would wake the whole house with his music, the smell of sausage and pancakes, and her impassioned, off-key voice. I do love the home of for the love of a house blogher reading room made me want to slow down and relax! Even though we live 3,000 miles apart, if I walk down the street and someone is wearing it, I immediately feel like I'm home. Home is a place where everyone should feel a sense of belonging. I search for cozy and inviting all the time. She claps. Additionally, home to me means being able to wear sweats all day, cuddle up to someone you love, watch a movie and enjoying the lazy, none hectic work or schools days. While updating my wardrobe for my four months abroad, I found that more modest, loose clothing was what I felt most comfortable and confident in. She even spins. A home is a place that reminds a person of countless memories and values when he walks through a. No matter what home means to you, there is surely something nostalgic about the place we call home. And, although sensory details are often adjectives, they can also take the form of verbs and adverbs. Not to mention, home is a place where after traveling around and seeing everything there was to see and still thinking the place you grew up was a better place to travel too. Happy May to the Odyssey community! In German, however, Angst simply means " fear " any kind of it. Eliot, Maybe the reason you can never go home again is that, once youre back, you can never leave, Its a funny thing coming home. They have worked for some of the most prestigious brands in lifestyle journalism, including Apartment Therapy, Better Homes & Gardens, Food & Wine, the Food Network, Good Housekeeping, InStyle, Martha Stewart Living, O: The Oprah Magazine, Parents, POPSUGAR, Rachel Ray Every Day, and Vogue. Lets create a culture that celebrates expression rather than forces unrealistic expectations. Want to join the conversation? In college, it took me some time to find my group of friends. Haven't done anything all day Time to start cramming. Throughout my time in college, especially studying abroad, I found that I loved jeans, baggy sweaters, my Air Force 1s that I have worn down to the point its crazy, small rings, and dresses. At times I tried to keep up with the trends but most of the time I found that I was always late to them. In truth, your creative writing abilities has encouraged me to get my own, personal blog now . Your home is where you are with the people that surround you (peers, family, and strangers), as well as cars, houses, stores, and/or toys. Fernweh (German): Feeling homesick for a place you Dressing for you and not for others is easier said than done. The rays of music may salsa on her skin, but they dig deep into mine. We help the world communicate with purpose. At home, I feel like I'm a superhero. You can follow on Instagram and Pinterest. Bring your questions live to our team on a live QA Demo. Your favorite summer hobby and how you got into it. Summer is right around the corner, and we're thrilled to welcome it with you. Home is a place someone can call their own. Well if you google the word home it gets defined as the place where one lives permanently, especially as a member of a family or household. However is that really home, because in my opinion home is a feeling where one belongs and is welcomed. Sometimes, asking a real estate agent can get a bit overwhelming. Among her interests are artificial intelligence, machine learning, and natural language processing. I can be anywhere and feel at home as long as Im with those people. Its a refreshing feeling. Backpacking across Europe? Not only will you gain valuable writing experience, but youll get to choose your own topics and write one response a week to one of our top trending articles. I still like spring and summer descriptionscool, fresh, breezy, carefree, comfortable (although this word works with cozy too). As a humanitarian and educator, she actively supports women in tech and promotes diversity. Change), You are commenting using your Facebook account. Emma Button; Stillwater, Minnesota, What does home mean to me? Leaving home can be a hard or exciting time for just about anyone. as we entered his 34-room mansion, our host playfully exclaimed, "Welcome to my humble, the place where a plant or animal is usually or naturally found, the land of one's birth, residence, or citizenship. This meant my brothers all went down their own paths. English cottage gardens do a great job of conjuring the feeling in me. One of its nicknames is "The City That Never Sleeps". My desk has all the school supplies a person could need; crayons, pens, pencils, erasers, books, paper, you name it a probably have it somewhere. Kelsey mentioned chocolate chip pancakes. I hear the last words of the song and I lift my head cautiously. This article has not been reviewed by Odyssey HQ and solely reflects the ideas and opinions of the creator. Pilar Westfall; Glenview, Illinois, A place that evokes a sigh of relief as I walk in the door. Physically, I live in a house in Smith County with my family. We do real. I get hugs and kisses and then see the brighter side of things. Share one of these leaving quotes with a farewell greeting card to loved ones and it will surely put a smile on their face in such a bittersweet moment. Like an ember burning softly and endlessly. Once you turn to the left, you walk into the family room. Identifying these in different situations is just how I feel with home. Your home does that for me too! How do you pass that up? Kelsey mentioned chocolate chip pancakes. Valerie Warner; Farmington Hills, Michigan, For me, home is the sound of my husband's laughter, my spaniel's boundless joy, and a bouquet of fresh flowers on the table. Thats what love is like. When I hear this song, I forget where I am. Home is going into that pantry, leaning against its shelves, which are probably a little dusty, popping open a Mason jar of homemade apple butter, and eating it right there, out of the jar with a long iced-tea spoon. (LogOut/ Sure, these items could be considered trendy or timeless and not fit a specific style. Your cottage picture evoked all those emotions in me and so did the other pics. Jo List; Fort Myers Beach, Florida, My husband and I lost our home to Hurricane Ivan in 2004. Not only will you gain valuable writing experience, but youll get to choose your own topics and write one response a week to one of our top trending articles. Its the place where we eat, the place with friends and family, where we enjoy our home goods and decor, and its the place we make our own. Privacy Policy. Home > AI Writing Tools > Add Strong Adjectives > A Guide on Unique English Words to Describe Your Home. He always had a good taste in music and its no wonder this song was his favorite. A pantry, fully stocked with jars of pickles, jams, and fruits, all preserved by friends, family members, and me. The use of effective adjectives is important, but so is your choice of adverbs, verbs, and even nouns. But she does not hear the same song as me. They're leaving and you're the last one of the group left at school. comfortable Click here to subscribe! However, residents are five times as likely to be coronavirus-free as those who live in typical nursing homes. A place where they don't feel pressured to be someone other than themselves. Our 1999 Volkswagen Passat wagon. Cynthia Blackledge; Houston, Texas, Welcome chaos. Bless our home with love and friends., Home is a shelter from storms-all sorts of storms.-William J. Bennett, Home is where one starts from. T.S. Kristin Ricci; Haddon Heights, New Jersey, It's where my palm meets my daughter's palm. Amy Moriarta; Oak Park, Illinois, Home to me is listening to Jackson Browne songs. My extended family and friends knew what I was going through, and they were there for me. a going away party card, or a welcome home card too. Want to join the conversation? My husband wants a new car, but when I look at our old one, I realize that I have spent more time in it than in our house. Between the less than desirable neighbors and the small cramped environment, it was a necessary choice to move an I couldnt be any happier for it. Posted by Karen B. in Fall Entertaining and Decorations, Family, Gardening. They uncover everything about him that I promised myself I would forget. The home is shaded by a mighty oak tree, its exterior is white in color with a forest green metal door and window trim painted forest green to match the door. Houses get bought and sold; a home stays with you always. I finally understand that heartbreak has a sound. And she dances. The family room has what my family calls the brown couch. The brown coach is a long, super soft couch that has a perfect view of the T.V. This is a response to 5 Artists I Can't Get Enough Of Right Now. Jennie Rook; Clarence Center, New York, Home isn't a place; it's a feeling. Maybe its the feeling when you're with that one special person that is warm and comforting. You need the energy to get through the next few hours. Your work will be featured on our homepage, newsletter, and social media feed. Using descriptive words is a great way to manage your homes visual identity and improve its curb appeal! And it can be hard to find, Indeed, there are words that people use to cheer someone up. Feeling at home is an emotional connection to whatever makes one secure and relaxed. What speaks to you about homes you love? Poor attempt at coping with finals, but hey, you can't think about that biology exam anymore, you're just numbing your pain. From a young age, girls are introduced to a culture where they are expected to dress to impress specifically the men around them. A sign of you powering through whatever is trying to bring you down. Excellent adjectives. No application required to sign up. It's my neighbor Karen lending me a cup of sugar, the drone of Bill's lawn mower, and Liz turning on her porch light at precisely 8 p.m. My heart was beating, and the room noticed dusty, smelly, and faintly of roses. Tears fall from my face the same way petals fall from wilted flowers. Everything looks the same, feels the same, even smells the same. What defines it? WebWatch: New Singing Lesson Videos Can Make Anyone A Great Singer. Your favorite summer hobby and how you got into it. An old, Victorian style table with eight rich seats was clearly the point of convergence of the room, laying on an excellent green, gold, and red conditioned cover.