Can you see how I give a clear answer that mentions both sides? This essay shall advocate the development and constructive impact of advertising. November 18, 2015 at 15:42. Overall, I would say that the benefits to individuals of living longer far outweigh the cost to society of supporting an elderly population. They tend to lose the security often provided by their family since they are on their own with no one around to protect and support them. I believe that this to be a positive development overall. Today, more people are waiting until their thirties to get married and have children. Children must be nurtured in families correctly if there are supposed to play a positive role in society. This means that most houses are under-utilized and government is under pressure to provide more housing estates. IELTS Listening: gap-fill about interview tips | May 14, 2016 at 18:02. In addition, there is also a lack of social interaction with other students in the class room which is also very important source of learning. In conclusion, there are both advantages and disadvantages to settling down early, and it is really just a personal choice that will suit different people in different ways. November 18, 2018 at 17:12, IELTS Writing Task 1: 'coffee and bananas' table . Discuss the reasons that support your standpoints. IELTS Academic Writing Task 2: Positive or negative development essay - Structure and template Essay Structure A few years ago a new question was added to IELTS Essay task: - Is this a positive or negative development? Just write 2 main paragraphs supporting YOUR view. Learning on your own and doing the things by yourself is not an easy task especially when you are used to being done things by others. Munjal K. Shah | Having said that, it is perfectly acceptable for you to write about both sides. What's more, not everybody treat the computers or smart phones as just tools to gain knowledge. It is neither wholly positive nor negative. umer | Thus, we can essentially have three possible answers: I strongly recommend that you choose an approach that allows you to develop your answers clearly and convincingly. On the one hand, increased life expectancy brings many opportunities later in life to try things that you could not do in your youth. (Cambridge IELTS book 3, test 4), Posted by: Hi Simon, what is your take on questions that ask, "is this a positive or negative development? Your IELTS task 2 can require you to answer a "negative/positive development" question. March 23, 2017 at 14:14. As life is becoming increasingly complex and difficult and property prizes are just skyrocketing. By that, I mean you should decide to give the answer that allows you to present good ideas and then justify them. In our increasingly global world, great attention is being paid to students' ability to interact with other cultures and be interculturally aware. For several reasons, living alone may have some drawbacks. I tried my best, but my essay included only 207 words. A model essay will always have a defined form. for instance, students who live in remote areas without roads or even no enough fund to pay for tuition to attend qualified school far away, an internet connection solves it. Your IELTS task 2 can require you to answer a "negative/positive development" question. Firstly,thepersonwhomadesuchdecisiontoremainalonecanbenefitfromlearningand experiencingalltheunexpectedlyhaardoussituations,tryingtosolvebytheir own.econdly,livingalone.secondly,thepersonaccustomedtolivingalonewillfindthewaysfor livingwhateverhappens. It is a clear answer with optimum usage of vocabulary. Many thanks a lot for your blog! 32 views, 3 likes, 0 loves, 0 comments, 2 shares, Facebook Watch Videos from Tajinder's English Classes: IELTS Academic Writing Essay Task Exam Question April 20, 2023 It has become so easy. Pride Hulkul 6th floor no 116 Lalbagh Road, Bangalore, Karnataka 560027, H-4-6, 1st Floor , Model Town II. In many developed countries, life expectancy is rising while birthrates are falling. Students gain more than merely academic education, however. On the one hand, students may derive more benefits from studying online courses offered by universities. Hence, do not overlap the arguments. 4- when this phenomenon results in preventing countries from development Read my essay here. Kevin Jang | However, writing a Task 2 essay is not easy! Muhammad Imran Asif | Online learners must resort to impersonal chatting forums or electronic means such as emails which minimizes the intimacy and expressiveness that face-to-face encounters provide. So lone occupant more likely to experience depression, anxiety and uncertainty with bearing all household responsibilities on top of pursuing a work life than family-oriented people. This way it comes out as a balanced answer. Is this alternative a positive or a negative development? Position B. Traditionally, people would get married and settle down at a very young age because life expectancies were short and there were also few other options available to most people. As you told this method in agree and disagree essay.. Posted by: Watch the video on Task 2 opinion questions. Coherence and cohesion: The sample answer is logically paragraphed, with each body paragraph detailing a positive or negative trend. Filed Under: IELTS Writing Task 2 Tagged With: Direct Questions Essay, history topic, model essay. Thanks for your feedback. November 19, 2015 at 09:47. Hi in this video i have explained about writing task 2 - Positive Or Negative DevelopmentSAMPLE. Posted by: Secondly, It is true that most of the students do not have enough money and universities offer less fee packages for such type of education which is easily affordable. 3- it might be the question of differences in personality traits IELTS Writing Task 2: Question Positive or negative questions are becoming more common in IELTS Writing Task 2, Try this question about the rising elderly population. This allows people to develop more prior to starting a serious relationship or embarking on the journey of parenthood. For example: Studying online is a relatively recent phenomenon, which has brought considerable convenience to students. Whenever I may have a chance to rest, I can open the app and watch the programming or economic lectures. Students gain more than merely academic education, however. Leave your reader with a general, thought-provoking statement. While advertisements are considered to be advantageous, they can have numerous negative influences. The first reason why this is positive is that humans have always adapted in order to communicate more efficiently. Posted by David S. Wills | Nov 22, 2021 | IELTS Tips, Writing | 0. They can go out for shopping whenever they like and do whatever they like. This is an unprecedented development in world history, and one that I think is going to make largely positive changes for all humankind. You can follow this conversation by subscribing to the comment feed for this post. Plan the structure of the essay - a good IELTS writing essay will ideally have three parts : Introduction, Body Paragraph, Conclusion. //